Windows 10: Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed

Discus and support Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I opened my laptop the other day and all of a sudden the user interface with Windows 10 had totally changed. What this means for me as a student is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaggedyRose, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed

I opened my laptop the other day and all of a sudden the user interface with Windows 10 had totally changed. What this means for me as a student is that I've lost the usability I depended on to switch between OneNote for Desktop/Edge/word and I have spent the last day with the attitude it would just take a moment to adjust to it but that surely It would be better- I loved the switch to 10, but this feels like a major set back:

* I can't swipe apps onto the screen anymore (It goes to a task master shot of all apps open) This means I can't switch between the 3 or 4 apps I use routinely. The ability to swipe and decide to pull up an open app to only half the screen is gone- instead of being a menu on the side to chose and drag to part or full screen, now if I select another open app it becomes full- and if its not Edge, I can't click and drag it half way.
    * Edge isn't formatting to fit the screen and it wont allow me to zoom in or out to change the scale of what is shown, so the only way to see the entire content of a site I have to have Edge as the only thing on the screen and I need to have 2 apps on screen at once almost always
    * I don't see the "hover" benefit of the latest edge showing up at all

All of this makes the dual function/snap useless to me and that's the entire reason why I am using this.
    Do these "symptoms" indicate anything to anyone that perhaps my update wasn't complete or is this really the "new and improved" arrangement? If its the later- I need help figuring out how to uninstall 1511 and go back to an interface that will help me get my work done.

Thank you!

:)

RaggedyRose, Nov 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro Update 1511 Failures

Ramesh

Thanks your Windows for Dummies advice. I knew how to check for updates. My problem is that the 1511 Update failed at 40% on both of my two Lenovo laptops. Your colleagues have given some helpful advice which didn't solve the problem. Unfortunately your
    advice takes me no nearer to solving the problem. Since rolling back to the original version of Windows 10 the Update sequence you advise does not find the 1511 update.

Regards, Nick

Nick Baldwin, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Loss of ability to connect to home wifi following windows 10 version 1511 install

I eventually solved this problem by reverting to my old network adapter drivers, i.e., those that functioned before the Windows 10 version 1511 update. The Microsoft troubleshoot advice was not helpful. At no stage have Microsoft acknowledged that the
    1511 update caused this problem

David WoodWX, Nov 16, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed

Sounds like maybe you had tablet mode turned on before and now it is not?

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2015
  5. Almost- the problem mode turned out to be Tablet mode- I've never used it as a tablet before so I didn't recognize it and I've no idea how it got turned on. Either way, the latest update is not the culprit and I'm back to being able to get work done.

Thanks for your time!

RaggedyRose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed

1. Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed - Similar Threads - Version 1511 Updates

2. Update computer from version 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update computer from version 1511: I inherited a computer from a neighbor and it's running Windows 10 version 1511. Is there an easy and quick way to update the OS on this computer to the current version without going through Microsoft Update? I've tried that and it doesn't seem to want to update me to...
  3. Need to Update Gifted Computer -- need advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to Update Gifted Computer -- need advice: First, I'm sort of a luddite when it comes to computers and especially Windows 10, so ELI5, please. I was gifted an older Dell Latitude computer with the following specs: Windows 10 Pro v. 1709 64-bit x64 i5 3210M 2.5 GHz processor 683 GB HDD - 135 GB free (I loaded a lot of...
  4. updating from version 1511 to 1809

updating from version 1511 to 1809: I'm currently with out my Iphone because if this debauckle of an update I'm on a hp stream note book and I need to upate it from version 1511 to 1809 but the one update kb800705b4 keeps on crashing and then then the feature update for version 1809 does too ive ran the update...
  5. windows update not working (version 1511)

windows update not working (version 1511): I am trying to update, but when it gets to installing update it gets stuck at 13% and after awhile it shows error code 0x800705b4. I have a HP Convertible x360 with an Intel Celeron CPU...
  6. Windows 10 update version 1511 to version 1803

Windows 10 update version 1511 to version 1803: I have a Dell D620. Originally it was on XP then updated to Windows 7. It would only update to Win 10 version 1511. I lost the hours of attempting to update, always failed. Today I got it to Windows 10 Version 1803. This is what I did. 1. Formatted the drive and re-installed...
  7. windows 10 1511 update need help!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 1511 update need help!!: trying to upgrade my windows 10 via windows update,it has failed many times now iam thinking of using the other ways to upgrade soIf I was to use media creation tool or iso clean install method would I need my activation key? This is because my computer came with windows 8.1...
  8. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  9. Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed

Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed: Hiya This is a first time post but I've used this forum for the great info, but I'm stuck on this one.... I've got a new laptop Lenovo 510s 14ISK I've used the media creation tool to do a clean install of Windows 10 (Crazy amounts of bloatware). All is ok and works great...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170