Windows 10: version 1803 malwarebytes default instead of alongside defender

Discus and support version 1803 malwarebytes default instead of alongside defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; while version 1803 installed without a hitch a strange security development has ensued. Malwarebytes was my second line of security defense in all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rboris, May 6, 2018.

1. rboris Win User

version 1803 malwarebytes default instead of alongside defender

while version 1803 installed without a hitch a strange security development has ensued.
    Malwarebytes was my second line of security defense in all previous versions of windows 10.
    with the new install --again 1803--windows defender anti-virus has disappeared and Malwarebytes has the dominant security role with defender disappearing as an anti-virus and remaining only as a firewall.

thank you.

:)

rboris, May 6, 2018
Thema:

version 1803 malwarebytes default instead of alongside defender

1. version 1803 malwarebytes default instead of alongside defender - Similar Threads - version 1803 malwarebytes

2. Defender and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  3. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  4. Malwarebytes vs. Defender

Malwarebytes vs. Defender: Someone told me that Malwarebytes is really better for Malware and I should also be running Windows Defender. Do I really need both? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-vs-defender/b5de5dd5-e7d9-45b1-b409-f060aab230be
  5. Malwarebytes interfering with Defender

Malwarebytes interfering with Defender: - In my experience YES! Problem started when suddenly my computer won't run Defender and when I tried turning it on, a message says: Anti virus is being managed by your system administrator. Could not even update defender definitions.I tried to uninstall Malwarebytes in Apps...
  6. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  7. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  8. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  9. Latest Version of Malwarebytes

Latest Version of Malwarebytes: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Released Download page [img] Note Malwarebytes for Chrome (Beta) - Malwarebytes for Chrome - Malwarebytes Forums Malwarebytes for Firefox (Beta) - Malwarebytes for Firefox - Malwarebytes Forums [img] Information Beta Version...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.