Windows 10: Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working

Discus and support Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop with windows 10 pro preinstalled. I wasn't quite sure which default version it came with when i first bought it, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnMa715, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JohnMa715 Win User

Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working

I recently bought a laptop with windows 10 pro preinstalled. I wasn't quite sure which default version it came with when i first bought it, however there was the 'Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347)'. Right after I have finish installing the update that i found out it was actually a problematic update and it causes trouble in many users. So i decided to reset the laptop to get my previous windows back. However right after it has done resetting, when I check the version of windows (I hadn't connected it to the internet) it was still 1803 and the KB4100347 update was gone. I have tried restoring the laptop to factory image but it didn't work either. Does that mean my windows default version was 1803 when i bought it, or is there anyway I can get back to the version that i first bought my laptop (in a more standard way instead of downloading windows online)?

Also, for asking windows to 'notify for downloads and auto install' updates, it did work before i reset my laptop (i.e. the time i just got my laptop) and it asked me to download the updates manually by clicking the 'download' button. However, after resetting it, windows update just ignore it and starts downloading updates automatically once I click 'check for updates'. I tried switching the network as 'metered' and luckily it was doing fine. But as long as it pops back to 'non-metered', it just starts auto downloading updates again. How can i have it notifying me for downloading updates without changing the network as 'non-metered'?

Thanks a lot for your help.

:)

JohnMa715, Sep 7, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 7, 2018
  4. ojones Win User

"Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working

By the Winaero button do you mean "Set Windows Update to notify only" in method 1? If so, then your suggestion doesn't work.

ojones, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working - Similar Threads - Version 1803 remains

2. The bios version remains the same even after updating it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bios version remains the same even after updating it.: I use Asus TUF gaming laptop and was facing issues with the screen like for example : i open a browser and start searching and scrolling when suddenly the cursor jumps to the url box and starts blinking and doesn't stop until i press f5 . And it also extends to the desktop...
  3. The bios version remains the same even after updating it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The bios version remains the same even after updating it.: I use Asus TUF gaming laptop and was facing issues with the screen like for example : i open a browser and start searching and scrolling when suddenly the cursor jumps to the url box and starts blinking and doesn't stop until i press f5 . And it also extends to the desktop...
  4. Updates remain after Windows Reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates remain after Windows Reset?: Has anyone ever heard of using Windows Reset feature to remove everything... Yet once complete, you go to Control Panel > See Installed Updates... And there are several updates there? I have a Win 10 laptop 1803.. did a Reset and thats what im seeing. I don't have Restore...
  5. Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working: I recently bought a laptop with windows 10 pro preinstalled. I wasn't quite sure which default version it came with when i first bought it, however there was the 'Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347)'. Right after I have finish installing the...
  6. version 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  7. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: I downloaded this version with no problem and had no problem. After the download I noticed a significant change in my speed. I am with Verizon FIOS 50GB speed. 109147
  8. iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update: Hi there Switch Ipod off completely. Switch on again. Plug into a USB 2 port (if you still have any of those on the machine) see if computer recognized device. Sometimes the chips in these things - especially older hardware aren't recognized by USB 3 ports even when...
  9. "Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working: I used the Group Policy to select option "2. Notify for download and notify for Install". However, every now and then when shutting down I get a request to perform Windows 10 updates. Why is this? I wasn't notified about the updates and have no choice about the install. Is...
  10. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: Sorry about the confusion. This morning my speed is 57MBPS down--51 UP is that Mega BYTE or mega bit, there's quite a difference ? MBps (MB/s) or Mbps (Mb/s). 57 MByte = 456 Mbit