Windows 10: Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer

Discus and support Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm stuck trying to update from 1709 to 1803. I've updated two other Windows machines without a hitch; but this seems to get so far, flashes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by websquad, May 14, 2018.

1. websquad Win User

Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer

I'm stuck trying to update from 1709 to 1803. I've updated two other Windows machines without a hitch; but this seems to get so far, flashes the blue-screen-of-disrepair, and reloads to restart the install process --- and this is in what I believe is a final stage of the system load. This system, relatively new, is a Dell OptiPlex 7050, I7 processor, SSD system disk less than half full, running a stable 1709.

I'm flummoxed. Where do I start?

*Sad

:)

websquad, May 14, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 15, 2018
  3. W10 version 1803 fails at 84% and then re-installs the older version

I would try upgrading offline:

Please be advised some users are reporting issues with the Windows 10 1803 update. Make sure you backup before attempting to upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

How to block it if you don't want to upgrade:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

What is the make and model of your computer?

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1803

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

perform the following tasks:

12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1803)

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update version 1803 using ISO File from Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703 or 1709

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer

1. Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer - Similar Threads - Version 1803 complete

2. Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes: Been having a issue with the computer just freezing in the middle of playing a game, specifically Path of Exile. I recently changed its graphic settings from DX12 to Vulkan and it seems to have solved it as far as that goes, but I will still get random freezes and crashes...
  3. Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes: Been having a issue with the computer just freezing in the middle of playing a game, specifically Path of Exile. I recently changed its graphic settings from DX12 to Vulkan and it seems to have solved it as far as that goes, but I will still get random freezes and crashes...
  4. Windows will not complete update from version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not complete update from version 1803: Hello, I am need of some help with getting my windows installation to update. It updates until 60% or 90% both have happened, in which it gets stuck, eventually restarts, and undoes the changes to my PC. When I check the error codes from updating, the most common one is...
  5. Why won't my computer start up? My computer is fairly new.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't my computer start up? My computer is fairly new.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Friedbacon1246 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eglr2i/why_wont_my_computer_start_up_my_computer_is/
  6. Windows 10, new install, version 1803, waiting for version 1809

Windows 10, new install, version 1803, waiting for version 1809: Hello: A few days ago I brought a new build online with Win 10, x-64, version 1803. The new build is with up to date hardware including a Z390 mobo and i5 9600K CPU. Computer is running fine except for a glitch with the front-panel USB ports. Windows is activated and has...
  7. Windows 10 version 1803 won't complete install

Windows 10 version 1803 won't complete install: I've been having this problem for a while now. Windows 10, version 1803 update downloads but will never complete a restart. Update History says: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Requires a restart to finish installing I've tried restarting the computer a...
  8. After installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for the computer, it...

After installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for the computer, it...: I have spent almost 2-3 hours to finish install the latest updates from windows and restarted the computer several times, but then the computer begin to ask me to enter a password for login. It is an old company computer, and does not need any password to log in before the...
  9. Windows 10 Update for version 1803 was unable to be completed

Windows 10 Update for version 1803 was unable to be completed: Why have there been so many Avira AntiVir issues dating back to 2017, NOT being addressed by Microsoft? Users receive messages that some apps need to be uninstalled. The app was NOT installed by the users and is not listed under programs available to uninstall. The message...
  10. version 1803

version 1803: I haven't been offered to update to 1803 by windows but during the month of may many update failed beginning with 9 like 9nb.... or 9wd... dealing with xbox video and other non relevant issues for me. Do I miss something crucial when staying in 1709? thank you 110105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 update will not complete