Windows 10: Version 1903 Broke My Computer

Discus and support Version 1903 Broke My Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I am one of those guys who would prefer NOT to be forced to download Windows updates, and I have good reason: I use my computer all the time, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CycloneGU, May 27, 2020.

1. CycloneGU Win User

Version 1903 Broke My Computer

So I am one of those guys who would prefer NOT to be forced to download Windows updates, and I have good reason: I use my computer all the time, and keep stuff up on it all the time, so being force-fed updates and rebooted every two days only results in me losing all of my work and generally getting extremely annoyed. One of these force-feeds was the addition of build 1903 to my computer on November 24, 2019.

On December 7, 2019, I had my first audio latency issue, where I went on a commentary call with someone on a Twitch broadcast. That evening, I eventually closed and reopened my browser, and the problem sorted itself out. I thought that was odd, and chalked it up to a random occurrence that happened within Windows, not knowing at the time (as I now do) that Windows left problems related to audio latency in build 1903.

In the last few months, in spans as short as, at times, a mere two hours and generally less than a week, I have noticed audio latency.sneak up and make itself prevalent during a session. As with updating, I find this to be a massive annoyance because I now have NO CHOICE but to reboot my computer to fix it, and not on my own schedule; in other words, resetting the browser doesn't fix it, and even playing a video in VLC will cause stutter. I have identified, in Windows Update, that I was force-fed the February 2020 cumulative update, but no other updates. From what I understand, this update was supposed to FIX the issue. Supposedly, the May 2020 update (which was installed - again, despite attempts to prevent updates - on May 18, a week and a half ago) was also supposed to fix this (I also have the March and April updates, which Windows is again making sure keep my computer broken apparently forcing everything on to me). The problem has only become more frequent. To be clear, I'm having audio latency problems on a gaming computer while a laptop that I have across the room (heck, hooked up to a TV) generally has no problems playing video, no latency, nothing. I even tried putting in a registry entry on the PC to stop the interrupts causing this, per another guide on the same issue, but that registry entry did absolutely nothing and the thing that it was supposed to disable stays enabled. What is broken in my gaming PC?

As tidbits, I have tried much of the things at 10 solutions to fix audio lagging in Windows 10 (step 5 is also never saving the 16-bit setting that is suggested, always reverting back to 24-bit). Further, the 1909 update is sitting there begging for me to take it, but naturally, I don't trust this and don't want to have to figure out all of my settings AGAIN, especially after trying to reset my Realtek drivers and having a nuisance with THAT. I know sooner or later it will be forced down my gullet as well, however. But I also want to fix this issue before trying to install new updates. Will build 1909 fix my issues? Should I update something else first? Or am I just screwed? I have in a couple of other cases gone to start commentary and noticed latency mid-call but not able to do anything about it, and it leads to poorer quality commentary on my part. I also want to start streaming, and naturally don't want to stream poor audio. I really just want to fix this.

:)

CycloneGU, May 27, 2020
  2. NikkieM Win User

Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo.

Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo. Any list I pin to Start does not show the details, just the box - a blank box. This include My Day, Important, Planned and Tasks lists. They were of course working before this update. I have runned the troubleshooter but
    no go. Please help fix. Thanks.

NikkieM, May 27, 2020
  3. PSuchwhy Win User
    Update version 1903

When updating to version 1903, my computer gets stuck at 27% completed after 5 hours of updating. Can anyone tell me what is happening? Also, version 1809 showed on my list of failed installs and then it disappeared from the list. Was there a 1809?

PSuchwhy, May 27, 2020
  4. AUTiger1 Win User

Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

The actual programs themselves don't show up in a search. I do a search for sticky notes and it gives me the option to go to the store to install it. So I click on it and the store opens and says that it's already installed. Here's the screenshots in order of what I'm doing.

Version 1903 Broke My Computer [​IMG]

AUTiger1, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Version 1903 Broke My Computer - Similar Threads - Version 1903 Broke

2. My computer is not able to update to Windows 10, version 1903.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is not able to update to Windows 10, version 1903.: It has tried many times. It downloads and backs out. This time it says it has downloaded 85%. Now I do not see my desktop icons and the start symbol does not respond. I tried to do another Windows update , and it says I have to restart. After 4 restarts and one Sign off...
  3. Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again!: My main computer that I use for my business, designing 3D models, has been acting up due to updates since last year, now as of April 1st 2020, I have spent several days trying to fix issues updates have been causing with no luck. At this point my computer is completely...
  4. Version 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Version 1903: Why am I suddenly required to open a Microsoft account to print to my default printer? Never had to before and don't want an account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1903/f58e13d2-16d5-4129-a563-3622cd7bf64f
  5. Update to 1903 broke networking

Update to 1903 broke networking: I have a HP laptop running windows version 1803. Several weeks ago it updated to version 1903 albeit at a very inconvenient time. After the update, networking of any sort did not work. I tried updating all the network drivers, and installing a USB WiFi adapter that works...
  6. Update 1903 broke my computer

Update 1903 broke my computer: Got forced into this horrid update last night when I shut my desktop off. Came home from work today with the expectation of being able to relax and unwind only to find that i can't. My computer won't boot up. First, it took forever, which I expected after an update. After...
  7. windows update 1903 broke my photoshop

windows update 1903 broke my photoshop: hey I did update my windows 10, three days ago and since then, my photoshop doesn't work properly. I mean it stop in meddle of my project without saving or any back up. I did a lot of things like delete the last update, then the laptop update itself again, I add the ram...
  8. Version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1903: I updated to Version 1903 and downloads prior to late 2018 are gone - where are they? And how do I get to them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1903/7e97e8a8-e700-4f02-ab7b-6543e0e4d84c"
  9. Windows 10 update to version 1903 crashed my computer.

Windows 10 update to version 1903 crashed my computer.: I carried out the version 1903 and it has not just crashed its killed my system. My system has been kept up to date on all patches and versions along with MS security patches. My system does not have a CD Drive and will not recognise any USB drives, this means that i cant...
  10. Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer: So yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and decided to let my PC do the Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update. After about 8 hours, I finally went to bed and let it keep running. Well sometime during the night it finally finished. Logged in this morning only to see that all...