Windows 10: Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset

Discus and support Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this a common thing? Windows 10 updated to 1903 before I did a full hard drive cleaning and reinstalled windows, and when it was reinstalled,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lessthan1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. lessthan1 Win User

Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset

Is this a common thing? Windows 10 updated to 1903 before I did a full hard drive cleaning and reinstalled windows, and when it was reinstalled, version 1903 was still there, which doesn't seem right to me. I did another full factory reset/hard drive cleaning because I thought maybe something went wrong, but it's still there, even after the second attempt. I'm not upset that I don't have to go through the pain of updating my version of windows again to the latest one, but it makes me concerned that the reinstall didn't properly wipe everything and restore it to factory settings. It's weird because, as far as I can tell, it's the only thing that has persisted. Everything else I had installed is gone.

:)

lessthan1, Jun 13, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset

1. Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset - Similar Threads - Version 1903 persists

2. Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist: Factory reset of Windows 11 keeps list of previously installed languages:I want to sell my computer. I did a factory reset, chose to delete all system and user settings. The computer reset, but the very first window after the reset where you are asked to choose your language...
  3. Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist: Factory reset of Windows 11 keeps list of previously installed languages:I want to sell my computer. I did a factory reset, chose to delete all system and user settings. The computer reset, but the very first window after the reset where you are asked to choose your language...
  4. Persistent drive filling issue on laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent drive filling issue on laptop after factory reset: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop to address a drive filling issue. However, even after the reset, the problem still persists. The drives on my laptop keep filling up without any apparent reason or action from my side. I have already tried disk cleanup and...
  5. Persistent drive filling issue on laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent drive filling issue on laptop after factory reset: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop to address a drive filling issue. However, even after the reset, the problem still persists. The drives on my laptop keep filling up without any apparent reason or action from my side. I have already tried disk cleanup and...
  6. Windows 10 Activation after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after Factory Reset: I recently got my Alienware 15 R4 repaired on warranty they replaced the battery, factory reset it and then sold it to my friend who is now having trouble activating windows. Important things to know: -The error code shown is code "0x80072EFE" -I used the computer for a day...
  7. Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset: I recently factory wiped and chose to delete everything on my Windows 10 laptop, but after it reached 100% and restarted it kept resetting after the spinning dots went around once, and then as soon as the next first one or two dots it would black screen and do it over and...
  8. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  9. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro version 1903 reset