Windows 10: version 1909 search problem [bugs]

Discus and support version 1909 search problem [bugs] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cannot click the file explorer search box. When i use shortcut (Ctrl+f), I can only type the first letter of a word in the file explorer search box,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dante69007, Dec 10, 2019.

1. version 1909 search problem [bugs]

I cannot click the file explorer search box. When i use shortcut (Ctrl+f), I can only type the first letter of a word in the file explorer search box, typing the next letter replaces the first one. I always have to restart my "Windows Explorer" from the Task Manager.

Also, when it works, i have to press enter after typing the word. It doesn't start searching as soon as i start typing. This restricts me from seeing partially matched search results.

So people please "report a problem" in "feedback hub"

submitted by /u/dante69007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dante69007, Dec 10, 2019
  2. KoenDeco Win User

Problems with search in Windows 1909

Hi,

I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909

• In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct.
    • When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula.
    • When I use for instance the keyword “kind” I don’t get help to choose between the different kinds that are available.
    This is a huge step backwards for me. Is there a way to fix it?

Sincerely,

Koen

KoenDeco, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Sys_Admn Win User
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

Same problem here. But you can still use Ctrl-V to paste into search. Although I keep having to go into Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer periodically. This is a really annoying Version 1909 bug.

Sys_Admn, Dec 10, 2019
  4. version 1909 search problem [bugs]

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

version 1909 search problem [bugs]

1. version 1909 search problem [bugs] - Similar Threads - version 1909 search

2. Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1909: Is version 1909 still supported? If so, why do I get upgrade warnings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1909/6239c996-6ffa-4554-8422-9ca0cc126e1e
  3. Search Problem Windows 10 Version 1909 - 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Problem Windows 10 Version 1909 - 2004: A few weeks before I updated from Win 10 1909 to 2004, Windows Explorer started to have problems... I went to search something using the search bar at the corner of the explorer window. but the search bar would not respond to anything.... I click it, nothing happens... i...
  4. Is Version 1909 BSOD And File Deleting Bugs real or fake?

Is Version 1909 BSOD And File Deleting Bugs real or fake?: So i am asking the community what they thinks about if it is real or fake. the thing is i have a friend who has 1909 and i am worried. hope i get many answers. p.s. i also want proof if possible. if you are a Microsoft Services Member, at least fix the issue if it is real....
  5. Version 1909

Version 1909: I have windows 10. Its asking me to update to version 1909. Is this recommended https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1909/b3f913a2-8f77-4ea8-acaf-767aa97b2677
  6. Version 1909

Version 1909: I have version 1909 and I was wondering why the monthly update is so large? I just updated yesterday and one update was 2 giga bites and the same thing happened last month. If this continues on I will eventually run out of space on my computer. Thanks, for a response....
  7. Upgrade to version 1909 problem.

Upgrade to version 1909 problem.: Hi! I try to updates my computer into the latest of version windows 101909 the update download perfectly when I restart the computer to install the update it installs until it hits nearly 30% then the computer restarts and show the message ""Undoing changes to your...
  8. Version 1909

Version 1909: Hi, I'm Using Dell 3567 with Microsoft version 1803. I tried to update Version 1909, but its not installing completely. After restart it shows the failed message. Please help on this ....
  9. Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre search bug since 1909 update: I realise 1909 has a few search issues but I've not seen anyone else have this exact bug so I'm not really expecting help (though it'd be really appreciated), but I'm more sharing this in case others DO have the issue and this will let them know they're not alone.. If I use...
  10. Problems with search in Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with search in Windows 1909: Hi, I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909 In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct. When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula. When I use for instance the keyword “kind”...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 search bug

2. 1909 search problem

3. search issues windwos 1909