Windows 10: Version 2004 broke stuff...

Discus and support Version 2004 broke stuff... in Cortana to solve the problem; 1 cannot type in taskbar search box. Mouseover makes border bold but focus will not switch into box with active cursor. 2 same issue with search box... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DWJone5, Jun 24, 2020.

1. DWJone5 Win User

Version 2004 broke stuff...

1 cannot type in taskbar search box. Mouseover makes border bold but focus will not switch into box with active cursor.

2 same issue with search box in windows sucksplorer...

3 emoji picker does not work... neither win+. nor win+;

4 stay tuned for more...

Thanks for the "upgrade".

:)

DWJone5, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Version 2004 broke stuff...

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Version 2004 broke stuff...

1. Version 2004 broke stuff... - Similar Threads - Version 2004 broke

2. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  3. Stuff broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuff broke: I have logged back onto my pc with windows 11 after a week and a bit of not using it and my microsoft store, xbox app, EA launcher, Ubisoft connect and epic games launcher have all been signed out of and wont let me sing back in, and steam says im offline. microsoft store let...
  4. Windows 10 Home Version 2004 broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Version 2004 broke my system.: Hello, After Windows 2004 was installed, my system locks up randomly. There is no high CPU usage in Task Manager, etc that it might be a specific program. The game I play, the FPS went from 60 fps to below 30 and lower as I move around. There were no options to restore a...
  5. Windows Update version 2004 Broke My Toolbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update version 2004 Broke My Toolbar: Why did you remove the options in toolbar to color it and turn it transparent??? I cannot even resize it anymore! Why did you think this would be a good idea to take my toolbar away from me? Put it back like it was please....
  6. 1909 Update broke stuff

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Update broke stuff: Well here we go, After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6 will no longer open or save an image. Not shjure what else is broken yet. Running WIndows Pro 64 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)....
  7. 2004 Update broke wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 Update broke wifi: After the 2004 update my Wifi has square boxes in the icon. The 2G network connects and is secured but no network THe 5G connects fine but it is slow as it is further away. I have updated the adapter which is intel ac 9560 to the latest driver. No go, then uninstalled and...
  8. Windows 10 Version 2004 broke my laptop's keyboard LED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 2004 broke my laptop's keyboard LED: Hey, I recently upgraded to version 2004 and my keyboard lights stopped working. I try reinstalling the drivers and it didn't help... Anything I can try?...
  9. 2004 completely broke OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 completely broke OneDrive: OneDrive stopped working as soon as I updated to Windows 10 2004. Initially I got the error "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows", which gave me the options "Try again" or "Download all". I tried the steps at...
  10. 2004 Broke Saved Credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Broke Saved Credentials: Hi, Ever since installing the 2004 update ,none of my saved system credentials persist. Its not a case of them having been forgotten, they're just not kept. Each time I log in to Windows, I have re-sign into OneDrive, my browsers, LastPass, etc... I haven't installed 2004...