Windows 10: Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks

Discus and support Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer automatically installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, this morning, and all of my 3.5mm audio jacks on the front and back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricB84, Oct 1, 2020.

1. EricB84 Win User

Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks

My computer automatically installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, this morning, and all of my 3.5mm audio jacks on the front and back panels of my computer have stopped working. I already went to the device manager and attempted to update the driver for them and it had no effect. I've restarted several times. The audio jack devices a set of 3.5mm headphones, and a 3.5mm speaker system no longer show up in the list of audio devices in any of the sound control settings.

:)

EricB84, Oct 1, 2020

2. Win 10 - 2004 update - internal speakers but no audio in/out from front or rear panel jacks

A Lenovo x64 desktop updated to win 10 2004 today.

I have audio from the internal speakers but I no longer have audio in/out from the jacks on the front and rear panel.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the both Speakers (high definition audio device) drivers in "Audio, video and game controllers" section of the Device Manager

Any fix?

selfsimilar, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Please can someone help?

After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working.

In the sounds it has a speaker option for

1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL

3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs

but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack in the back it works fine and there is only 2x HDMI ports and only 1 works.

I have tried deleting the audio drives and reinstalling but nothing.

tried to check for an update.

- The 3x NVIDIA Output description says located in HDMI.

- The Speakers says location in rear panel..

trouble shoot only has options for THESE nothing for front panel

Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks 847a558c-2062-43f8-baeb-af233dd30398?upload=true.png

Brayden dB, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks

1. Version 2004 forced update broke front and back panel audio jacks - Similar Threads - Version 2004 forced

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  6. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  7. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. audio jacks at the front panel do not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio jacks at the front panel do not work: [ATTACH] (newly built pc) So my green audio jack at the back seems to work ( whether I plug in a headset or speakers) but none of the other ones work for audio at the back (although I assume only the green one is for audio anyways so its probably fine). But, the front...
  9. Front Panel Jack not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  10. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...