Windows 10: Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

Discus and support Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GerryPeters, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash - STOPCODE: system thread exception not handled. I went to safe mode and uninstalled and updated to the latest Intel Video driver.

I was then able to update, but it did not show Win version 2004 ready to update, so I stopped there. Today I used Win update to update several things and then saw Version 2004 and tried it again and got the same STOPCODE.

On google I saw that it seems others are running into the same problem and wonder if I should wait a while and see if MS fixes some of these things that are causing this problem or whether I should try to find out what it is and update.

I have no compelling reason to update to 2004, it's just a matter of habit updating to the latest. I never let Win update automatically, I always choose when I want to update and only do it when a new version of my main Audio recording software updates. So this is about every month or 2. Any advice on what I should do?

:)

GerryPeters, Sep 13, 2020
  2. RuskinF Win User

installing version 2004

To solve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Rollback to the last Stable version of Windows. Basically, restore your system to the last stable point.

2. Download the Windows Update Assistant tool.

3. Install the updates as recommended by that tool.

Note: Windows 10 version 2004 has brought a lot of bugs with it. The best way to move forward is to wait until a patched Windows 10 version 2004 is released.

RuskinF, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. William40 Win User

Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

Wait 2004 update or install it manually

Hi

I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the update manually ?

Thanks

William40, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

1. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait? - Similar Threads - Version 2004 install

2. Install version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install version 2004: Yesterday is the 2nd time I tried to install version 2004. The first time was when it was an available download in September. Both times it failed with error 0xc1900101. I don't have any external devices attached except for the wireless mouse. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15...
  3. Still haven't updated to version 2004 - should I?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still haven't updated to version 2004 - should I?: I've read that a lot of people have had problems so I'm not sure if I should update it or not. Any advice? submitted by /u/R_12345678910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbber3/still_havent_updated_to_version_2004_should_i/
  4. Should I install 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install 2004?: I just received the option to install 2004, Should I install it or keep 1909? submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip9c32/should_i_install_2004/
  5. installing version 2004

installing version 2004: i tried to get version 2004 via windows update feature. but when it got stuck at downloading 87%, i paused it then after restarting i again started the update. but this time after ''getting things ready'' pop up it directly went to installing progress . there was no...
  6. 2004, should it be installed by now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004, should it be installed by now?: Hi I am running windows 10 pro, the build is 18363.997, version 1909 installed 12/06/2019 The 2004 update was showing on my computer for a few weeks saying my pc was not ready. then it became available but it did not install correctly. I have the following error messages...
  7. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  8. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Support
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  9. Should i wait???

Should i wait???: Version 2004 update. Should i postpone the update after heard so many bugs and issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-wait/aa4bda1d-04d4-43e3-ab55-d5daa2b1f8d5
  10. Should I continue to try to install Windows 10 version 2004?

Should I continue to try to install Windows 10 version 2004?: I have been unable to get the May 2020 update of Windows 10 version 2004 to install on my Asus Laptop Intel Cor i7 8th generation. The automatic update failed three times with error code 0x8007001f by June 17, but now Windows Update says my system is up to date. On June 18, I...