Windows 10: Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped

Discus and support Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Ive got quiet a few access points and switches dotted around. Couple of NAS drives. These work great. I map them as drive letters and all works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scottyboy99, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped

Hi, Ive got quiet a few access points and switches dotted around. Couple of NAS drives. These work great. I map them as drive letters and all works great. Diff story for a couple drives connected to access point and routers USB port. If I map any folder on these drives they become inaccessible on next reboot. They are also inaccessible in the network. But as soon as i disconnect the mapped drive then they are no longer inaccessible under network. I can click and broaden the contents just fine. Anyone notice the same? Mapping a drive on anything other than a true NAS drive seems to have these side effects

:)

Scottyboy99, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Yep. *Wink

Mapped drives issue now resolved. See "Current Status" table on first post for more details.

*Arrow Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 5, 2018 3:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Resolved[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Resolved: KB4469342 addresses the issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. This supersedes KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Map Network Drive issue

Actually, that is no longer true...

Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jun 12, 2020
  4. DMyr Win User

Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped

Trouble Mapping Network Drive

I have a WD NAS drive connected to my router and have mapped it on three of my computers. I just setup another laptop with Windows 10 and have updated it to 1809 and when I tired Mapping a network drive nothing is displayed in the browse window except the
    computer I am currently using. The drive is shown under network locations in File Explorer but not when you select map network drive and browse. I right clicked on the drive and selected properties and noted the IP address and went back into Map network drive
    but instead of selecting browse I entered the IP address but it still does not map the drive. The strange part is if I go to any of the computers that already has the network drive mapped and select Map network drive and select browse none of those computers
    show the drive either but you can select the mapped drive in the drive list in file explorer and it works just fine.

I have read several articles both here and elsewhere and tried the suggestions but nothing works. Network discovery is turned on as is file sharing and also checked if all three boxes under SMB file sharing support in Windows features were also checked and
    they are. I have mapped several computers to several different drives over the years and anytime the drive was not listed it was always easy to go into Network Sharing Centre and find the problem but everything seems to be as it should so would appreciate
    if someone can suggest something I may have overlooked.

Thank you

Thema:

Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped

1. Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped - Similar Threads - Version 2004 network

2. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  3. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  4. Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11: For my company, we have a main UPS computer that all other computers connect to remotely on the network.We have always make a Map Network Drive to the UPS Computer. We have been doing this for years. But when I tried it yesterday on our newest computer, the new computer can...
  5. Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11: For my company, we have a main UPS computer that all other computers connect to remotely on the network.We have always make a Map Network Drive to the UPS Computer. We have been doing this for years. But when I tried it yesterday on our newest computer, the new computer can...
  6. Looking for help for a network connection issue with Windows 10 / 2004 Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for help for a network connection issue with Windows 10 / 2004 Mapped Drive: My network typically has 3 to 4 Windows 10 computers connected and 6 or more from time to time. Also there are 3 D-Link NAS Mapped. Two are DNS-323 and these are working fine and one Sharecenter DNS-345, the one I am having issues with. All the computers were working...
  7. Map Network Drive issue

Map Network Drive issue: I have three NAS units attached to my LAN. Their names differ only in the first letter. I Map network drives for example NET USE A: \\Aserver\x /Persistent:Yes NET USE B: \\Bserver\x /Persistent:Yes or by the Map Network Drive in the GUI This is all OK. However, when...
  8. Mapping Network Drive Issues

Mapping Network Drive Issues: We have a external hard drive attached to our router that is accessible to our small business on our network. We have 3 other computers (2 Windows and 1 Mac) that are accessing it now. But we got 2 new computers that were just added to the network and I can not find the drive...
  9. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  10. Mapped Network Drives issue in Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Mapped Network Drives issue in Windows 10 version 1809: If you run a Windows 10 PC with mapped network drives you may want to hit the brakes to make sure that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update is not deployed on the device. Microsoft released, re-released to be precise, the latest feature update for Windows 10 two days ago after...