Windows 10: Version 2004 update problem

Discus and support Version 2004 update problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have successfully updated a laptop and a desktop from version 1909 to version 2004 with very little difficulty. A second laptop, not so much. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jshaw42, Jul 23, 2020.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Version 2004 update problem

I have successfully updated a laptop and a desktop from version 1909 to version 2004 with very little difficulty. A second laptop, not so much. When I tried about two months ago it took forever to go through the steps to no avail and no update. I left it alone until recently when I got the message that updates were available. So, I started the process. It took the "getting ready" process about and hour. Then "installing" took four more hours just o tell me it failed gain to update. What gives? What am I doing wrong with this particular laptop?

:)

jshaw42, Jul 23, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 3, 2020
  3. jshaw42 Win User

I have successfully updated a laptop and a desktop from version 1909 to version 2004 with very little difficulty. A second laptop, not so much. When I tried about two months ago it took forever to go through the steps to no avail and no update. I left it alone until recently when I got the message that updates were available. So, I started the process. It took the "getting ready" process about and hour. Then "installing" took four more hours just o tell me it failed gain to update. What gives? What am I doing wrong with this particular laptop?

jshaw42, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Version 2004 update problem

Most likely nothing. Join the queue of those of us (many) who have tried every method of update and every suggested fix and still cannot update to 2004.

Pollensa1946, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Version 2004 update problem - Similar Threads - Version 2004 update

2. Problem getting update to version 2004 from version 1909 .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem getting update to version 2004 from version 1909 .: The update for Windows 10 Home version 1909, OS Build 18363.1440 says the 2004 version is still not available and I will be notified when it is available. What gives?...
  3. Update to version 2004

Update to version 2004: Hello, when i try update my Rig i got only 20h2 version but i dont want do download it. where is the version 2004 installation laucher? i still nothing found on it....
  4. The update version 2004

The update version 2004: Hello Up until today my system cant update to the version 2004 update. I just want to know why my system cant update and also when will it be able to as it is 7 months later since the update came out. Been updating every update since and still cant update....
  5. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004: Hello For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to update yet, as I have not backed up my files, just in case it arises some problem when that version is installed. About Friday I...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004

Problem with Windows 10 Update Version 2004: Hello For more than 4 months I received an update to version 2004 on my LapTop, that means I have version 1909, however, I had not been able to update yet, as I have not backed up my files, just in case it arises some problem when that version is installed. About Friday I...
  7. Update version 2004

Update version 2004: Is the Newest update really Version 2004? I want my computer up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-version-2004/485f944a-8627-4e77-bf31-8061778b2bcc
  8. version 2004 update problem

version 2004 update problem: I have tried to install version 2004 of Windows 10 on an ACER laptop several times. the installation goes well until it is about 90% complete. Then the laptop hangs, no error message, just hangs. Have to do a hard power shutdown hold power button for several seconds. Laptop...
  9. Windows 10 update version 2004 problems

Windows 10 update version 2004 problems: We have several older PC's in our plant that we have upgraded to Windows 10. They have all worked perfectly until the windows 10 update version 2004. Now they are continuously failing after this update. The disk gives an error stating the drive needs to be formatted. The...
  10. Problem with update to version 2004

Problem with update to version 2004: When my computer is trying to update, I get roaring fans and beeps that are repeating over and overagain until I press the power button.Any help is highly appreciated...