Windows 10: version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!

Discus and support version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently formatted my PC and installed the 2004 version of Windows 10. This version is very slow and heavy, applications take a long time to open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Al-Taie, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Al-Taie Win User

version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!

I recently formatted my PC and installed the 2004 version of Windows 10.

This version is very slow and heavy, applications take a long time to open.
    The only good thing about this version is that it has solved the blue screen problem

The previous version 1903 was good, but always had a problem with the blue screen.

System: Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit

Version: 2004

I can't stand it, I want a solution please..

:)

Al-Taie, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Biswa66 Win User

notebook pc is very slow

Hi, I have a hp notebook pc . It is performing very slow for a long time. tried every possible ways but not improved. pls suggest any other solution.

Intel core i3 3rd gen, 4GB RAM, 500 GB sata HDD, win 10 (1809)

getting stuck when opening applications, taking long time to come welcome screen and password box, taking time to open application.

found no malware, virus after scan. still slow.

I also have a query that If I do reset with keep my file option then will it go back to win 8.1 or it will reset back to win 10 1809 version as I upgraded frm 8.1 to 10.

How to confirm that my recovery partion contains win 8.1 or win 10?

Biswa66, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows update taking a very long time

Hi Harvey,

One of the possible reasons why the Windows Update is very slow is because of a corrupted Windows Update system files. These may also depend on the Internet speed and file size of the update being installed. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot Windows Update issues.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Jul 17, 2020
  4. version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!

PC running slow. Applications take lot of time to open

Hello,

I have a HP-500-Pavilion Model System Model 500-205t PC with the following components.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory: 5.91 GB

Available Physical Memory: 584 MB

Total Virtual Memory: 14.1 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 5.57 GB

Page File Space: 8.14 GB

This PC is running very slow. Applications take a long time to open. The system slows to a crawl when 2 or more applications are open.

Is Available Physical Memory the cause of 584MB the cause?

How do I go about improving its speed?

Thanks!

BWTSupportRequestor, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open!

1. version 2004, very slow and applications take a long time to open! - Similar Threads - version 2004 very

2. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  3. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  4. Applications take long time to install/open

Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  5. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  6. All applications take very long to open for the first time after a new Windows 11 update

All applications take very long to open for the first time after a new Windows 11 update: Currently I can open any application fast, like Blender, Paint, Notepad, File Explorer, Excel, etc. But whenever windows 11 updates come in, then after restart, all my programs take very long to open for the "first" time after an update. So for example if I open Notepad, it...
  7. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  8. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  9. Blue screen taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  10. why windows 10 version 2004 takes very long time to install. can its time be reduced

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why windows 10 version 2004 takes very long time to install. can its time be reduced: hi, on 8mb connection window 10 64 bit version 2004 takes a long time 12 plus hours to install. can it be installed using media creation tool?...