Windows 10: Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter

Discus and support Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following the update to version 20H2, both of my official Xbox Wireless Adapters the 2018 and 2014 versions ceased working. This has happened with all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZackC_215, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM.

1. ZackC_215 Win User

Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter

Following the update to version 20H2, both of my official Xbox Wireless Adapters the 2018 and 2014 versions ceased working. This has happened with all three of my machines: a brand new desktop, an older desktop with a clean install, and a laptop updated from version 2004.

I have attempted to manually install the drivers by following guides like this one: https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/480709-xbox-acc-driver-unavailable-xbox-wireless-receiver-install-error-fix , and using the more recent drivers, but the device remains unusable as shown by the image. https://imgur.com/elvv6Tv

Does anyone have a fix for this or am I relegated to wired controller for now?

:)

2. spunk Win User
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:53 AM
  4. Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox Wireless Adapter

Hi,

The Xbox 360 controller will work using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. To help you set up your Xbox 360 controller to your computer using the Xbox Wireless adapter, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back anytime.

Thema:

Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter

1. Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter - Similar Threads - Version 20H2 Broke

2. Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter: Following the update to version 20H2, both of my official Xbox Wireless Adapters (the 2018 and 2014 versions) ceased working. This has happened with all three of my machines: a brand new desktop, an older desktop with a clean install, and a laptop updated from version 2004....
  3. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: Discovered a little while ago that my wireless xbox 360 controller + headset has crackling / potato quality audio. Microphone works fine as does the controller. It did not used to be like this. After some investigation it appears update 2004 broke something. Anyway to fix?...
  4. Windows 10 Xbox Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Xbox Wireless Adapter: Hello! My Xbox wireless adapter wont flash or do anything in any of my ports. Can someone help me figure out what the issue is? It was working not too long ago. I woke up 2 days ago and turned my PC on, and tried to sync my controller to the adapter and it wasn't even...
  5. Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: Hello, I am having issues with the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter to PC. It does not make a sound when plugged in, it does not show up on the device manger nor does it's LED light up. I have installed the drivers from this website...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized

Xbox Wireless Adapter unrecognized: First off I am just going to call it an XWA. My adapter was working just fine for about a month after buying it off of Amazon, I had been using it with my turtle beach headphones to use as a mic. But yesterday it just stopped working, whenever I plug it in it says that...
  7. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  8. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: I recently installed a new m.2 drive as my primary storage device. I installed Windows 10 professional, installed all of my motherboard drivers just as I did on the old HDD. The old HDD is being used as my secondary storage device. Prior to the new M.2 My Adapter worked just...
  9. Xbox Wireless adapter not working

Xbox Wireless adapter not working: Recently after windows reset my adapter stopped connecting with the LED only coming on when i hold down the button and pretending to connect to my controller. this has happened to me before and i somehow got it to work earlier but now it won't connect even after reinstalling...
  10. Problem with two Xbox Wireless Adapters

Problem with two Xbox Wireless Adapters: I have two Xbox wireless adapters. The first is plugged to my PC and the other to the NVIDIA TV. TV and the computer are connected via virtual software to enable controllers to be "virtually" connected to the computer. But Windows cannot start the second adapter. The device...