Windows 10: Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Discus and support Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, May 23, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June.

:)

cereberus, May 23, 2017

2. windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

I have three PC's. Two of them have the new Macrium Reflect Free Edition, i.e. version 6. One PC still has the old version 4.2. The PC's with the new Macrium version 6 upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and from 8.1 Pro with no issues. The Windows 7 Pro PC
    with the old Macrium version failed with the pssnap.sys page fault. I suggest removing Macrium prior to upgrading to Windows 10 and then installing Macrium version 6 after Windows 10 is up and running.

McDonnell John, May 23, 2017
  3. Macrium Scheduled Backups Broken with Anniversary Update

Macrium is now up to Version 7, it could be that V5 does not support Windows 10's later releases.

Read:
    http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Windows+10+Aniversary+Update+issues

Macrium Reflect:

Free version: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

(No technical support available for the free version)

Macrium Reflect Home Edition ($69.95)

Macrium Software | Home Edition

Support: Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

Version 7 supports XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10 

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, May 23, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Great to know, thanks Martin*Smile
    Although, I'll probably still just use it like I used versions 5 & 6*Wink
    But updated software, is SAFER software.

Cliff S, May 23, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I am not really sure what new features will be seen in free version. Only obvious extra will be a direct link to viboot I think.

cereberus, May 23, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    I hope Reflect Free v7 will be relatively bug free since the paid for version seems to have had lots of early updates.

Steve C, May 24, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Doesn't really need to have some super-duper extra-extras to upgrade to it. There have been no updates to V6 for some time and likely there will be no updates in the future. That means it will not be supported any more.

CountMike, May 24, 2017
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there.

Hope the interface stays roughly the same --I've often found companies start adding a load of extra features and bloat - on a basic backup / restore program you don't need to add a zillion of "features".

There's also a trend to make everything look like it's running from a mobile phone -- i.e via Tiles with no decent menu system. This is the hated W8 creeping in again via the back door.

Apart from say improving performance, fixing any errors and adding support for possibly larger / newer disks IMO they should leave the product alone. I for one am quite satisfied with the performance of the current FREE version --I run the stand alone version (then no security problems if internet disconnected and backup to locally attached drives).

The stand alone version also doesn't rely on V.S.S working which has been known to break on these types of backups when run within windows - especially if you are getting short of HDD space in the OS partition. The V.S.S problem isn't a Macrium one --other backups from within Windows have the same problem at times.

How people run their backups is up to them but for Windows clients I prefer running backups OUTSIDE of the Windows OS. I then transfer / copy the images to NAS server so I always have 2 different copies of the current OS backups.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 28, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    V7 is already out for paid users. UI is virtually unchanged except addition of link to viboot.

cereberus, May 29, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    I have just backed up 40 GB OS drive from SSD to HDD using V7, and it flew along taking only 9 minutes which is much lower by at least 20%. I may be imagining things but V7 certainly seems faster now.

cereberus, May 29, 2017
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Well I've been using V7 since it was released. And I do agree with you. *Smile
    My C: drive backup is only 35.95 GB and MR reported this in my log. This is an SSD 256GB drive. Going to a WD 956GB drive.

Image and Verification Completed Successfully in 00:05:09 . Sure does seem quicker to me too. *Smile

OldMike65, May 30, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
  13. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Sep 29, 2017
  14. Steve C Win User
    Even their web page can't keep pace with the correct version (currently shows v 7.1.2611).

Steve C, Sep 29, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    Yep, 3 or more updates in one day.

CountMike, Sep 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free - Similar Threads - Version Macrium Reflect

2. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  3. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  7. does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?: to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything or the paid home version is better ? 66978
  8. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  9. New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid

New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid: MR Source An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and e-mails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310