Windows 10: Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Discus and support Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Yep, 3 or more updates in one day. Let's be glad that is not Insider versions -I would not have enough hours in a day to keep up - LOL. At the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, May 23, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Let's be glad that is not Insider versions -I would not have enough hours in a day to keep up - LOL.

At the moment, till things settle, I am creating a new iso after each update just to be sure.

Actually, I am impressed with the speed, the issues have been sorted. Hopefully not too many today Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free :).
    Testing 7.1.2614 in a vm right now.

cereberus, Sep 29, 2017
  2. CountMike New Member

I verified the only older backup I have on a permanently attached HDD and made with v6 so older backups should still be viable.

CountMike, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Bree New Member
    So is it stable enough to use yet?

4. OldMike65 Win User

Of course it is ...*Smile and fast.

OldMike65, Sep 29, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Fast but not furious !!!

CountMike, Sep 29, 2017
  6. bertie11 Win User
    I've just installed Macrium Reflect 7.1.2.646 but when I created my rescue CD after building the PE stuff, when I came to test it the screen image on the interface was way too big to see all the options on the first page. The only resolution offered was 640x380 with no other option to make the page display smaller characters.

And the only way I could close the page down was by forcing a turn-off by holding the start button down!

Any suggestions please, as I'm very reluctant to go any further! I used a C and I wondering if I needed a DVD although it did tell ne the burn had finished.

Thanks.

bertie11, Oct 25, 2017
  7. I do not get asked what resolution to use. I just keep hitting next till it starts to burn. I do use a DVD though but I doubt that is the problem.

Josey Wales, Oct 25, 2017
  8. bertie11 Win User
    Sorry, I meant that when the CD loaded and came to the main interface screen the characters were way too big. I used 'View' which gave me a drop down which only offered 640x380. I didn't mean before the burn.

Thanks.

bertie11, Oct 25, 2017
  9. So when you boot from the CD it only shows that 640x380 Resolution?

10. bertie11 Win User
    Just saw the post about Lenovo. I use an HP Envy 15" laptop and I'm not using a USB stick.

I have the very latest Windows 10 build, up to date, as are all drivers, as far as I know.

Am I the muggins who's found another bug I wonder?
    Thanks.

Yes to your last query.

bertie11, Oct 25, 2017
  11. Maybe go to the Control panel and perform a repair on MR and then burn another one. If that does not work contact Support or their forum. I am not on The FCU and use a PC so it could be doing this to all Laptops??

12. cereberus Win User

This is a problem with some older bioses not being compatible with win pe10.

When you create the Rescue media, you can select to use an older version. On my laptop, I had to use Win PE 4.

An older Win PE only normally affects advanced options like backing up over a network.

It does not impact normal backups to local or usb drives.

Basically, try win pe 5, then win pe 4 etc and see if screen resolution problems gets solved.

There is another solution if this does not work but more cumbersome.

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free [​IMG]

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free [​IMG]

cereberus, Oct 25, 2017
  13. bertie11 Win User
    I'm using the free version , I assume I won't get support. Not sure how to perform a repair on MR?

Thanks.

bertie11, Oct 25, 2017
  14. I would try what Cereberus posted but to do a repair just click on the program and choose repair in add remove programs.

Thema:

1. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free - Similar Threads - Version Macrium Reflect

2. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  3. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  7. does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?: to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything or the paid home version is better ? 66978
  8. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  9. New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid

New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid: MR Source An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and e-mails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310