Windows 10: Version/build info from Bootable USB installation media

Discus and support Version/build info from Bootable USB installation media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while back, I created a bootable Windows 10 USB stick using the MCT from Microsoft. I burned the ISO file using Rufus. The problem is, that I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Version/build info from Bootable USB installation media

A while back, I created a bootable Windows 10 USB stick using the MCT from Microsoft.
    I burned the ISO file using Rufus. The problem is, that I do not remember which version/build that I burned the ISO file. It was quite a while back, maybe a few months ago.

How can I find out what version/build information that is on the bootable installation USB stick?
    I know there is a way using the DISM commands, but seems to be complicated.

Is there any other easier way of accomplishing this?
    Maybe it is in the Sources folder? Or, maybe perhaps right clicking on the INSTALL.ESD file and clicking on Properties?

If not, please post a tutorial using the DISM method and I will try with that.

:)

win10freak, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Version/build info from Bootable USB installation media

1. Version/build info from Bootable USB installation media - Similar Threads - Version build info

2. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10: hi, i want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on newly installed SSD on my laptop.my SSD is M.2 SATA SSD 500gbSO, I downloaded the ISO file from microsoft and while creating 'USB BOOTABLE MEDIA" on my 128gb pendrive using "RUFUS" software , there are two options -one is...
  3. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10: hi, i want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on newly installed SSD on my laptop.my SSD is M.2 SATA SSD 500gbSO, I downloaded the ISO file from microsoft and while creating 'USB BOOTABLE MEDIA" on my 128gb pendrive using "RUFUS" software , there are two options -one is...
  4. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  5. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  6. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows usb bootable media installation stuck on windows screen

Windows usb bootable media installation stuck on windows screen: Hi, i just put my new ssd in, and my media bootable usb, i had to change boot mode to legacy to get it to load. And i put the usb to the top by pressing f6. But now the windows screen did pop up, but it seems to be stuck there and no loading circle is visible. Is there any...
  8. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  9. Place the install media for windows 10 on a bootable USB 3

Place the install media for windows 10 on a bootable USB 3: How do I make a USB 3 thumb drive that will boot and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 - current build? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/place-the-install-media-for-windows-10-on-a/cbbc2aa6-7fcf-484f-bc65-a75a362f5150
  10. how to create a USB bootable media

how to create a USB bootable media: I have an Acer desktop computer running Windows 10 and I got only the update Version 1803. I can't get 1809 and 19093 because after installation, I can't boot the computer. On the other hand, Microsoft informs that I need to get the newer version update. That is why I need to...