Windows 10: version of Edge does not change after update

Discus and support version of Edge does not change after update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed an update today which says in Microsoft's notes about it that it patches Edge among other things. Yet, the version displayed in Settings in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by notRoman, Feb 9, 2016.

1. notRoman Win User

version of Edge does not change after update

I installed an update today which says in Microsoft's notes about it that it patches Edge among other things. Yet, the version displayed in Settings in Edge is the same as it was before this install. Is it supposed to stay the same?

:)

notRoman, Feb 9, 2016

2. Edge 25.10586.0.0 not saving settings; Mail does not allow new accounts.

Why can't I update settings using Edge 25.10586.0.0? After I use Settings to change to settings I want the settings do not change after Edge is restarted.

Also Mail is useless. Does not allow adding new accounts, even Outlook.

My Windows 10 version is 10586.318.

EdwinEricksonRH, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Links to Store Won't Open

Does it make a difference if you change the "website preference" in Edge settings from "Mobile version" to "Desktop version", or vice versa?

armagonfin, Feb 9, 2016
  4. version of Edge does not change after update

Yes I would think so because it was only patched not upgraded.
    The upgrade will most likely come with Redstone

hTconeM9user, Feb 10, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Yes. It is the same.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    Depends on what was patched. They may patch part of the OS for a problem with Edge, in which case Edge itself would not change its version number.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

version of Edge does not change after update

1. version of Edge does not change after update - Similar Threads - version Edge does

2. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  3. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  4. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After update Windows version changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update Windows version changed: I have upgraded my Windows 10 PC to 2004. I used to have Windows Pro but after update the version has changed to Education. Moreover the activation has disappeared. How can I retrieve Windows 10 Pro? Thank you in advance....
  6. Flash for EDGE not updating to latest version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flash for EDGE not updating to latest version?: I have several machines that are getting dinged by Insight Rapid 7 for having an outdated version of Flash Active X. The current version is 32.0.0.270, but the version on these machines is 332.0.0.156. Which Windows Update includes the update for Active X?...
  7. microsoft edge after updating to version 1903 stopped working, disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge after updating to version 1903 stopped working, disappeared: i have seen steps to try get microedge reactivated after updating to 1903. PROBLEM I cannot access any of the pages to do so. Micro Edge somehow had controlled a lot of pages, ex: cannot click on a photo to view and or share , other saved documents cannot access ! I am...
  8. when does Chromium version of Edge release

in Browsers and Email
    when does Chromium version of Edge release: when does Chromium version of Edge release? Will it automatically replace the current Edge? 124767
  9. when does Chromium version of Edge release

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when does Chromium version of Edge release: when does Chromium version of Edge release? Will it automatically replace the current Edge? 124767
  10. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region: I've configured Edge to my correct home page. Because I live in Thailand Edge directs me to the Google Thailand page. I corrected that easily by using www.google.com/ncr as my home page. However, Edge always reverts to the Thai regional search, ignoring my home page...