Windows 10: vertical and horizontal lines in laptop screen

Discus and support vertical and horizontal lines in laptop screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop worked fine until today , some vertical and horizontal lines appeas on windows screen, when i touch the screen, lines not changes, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlbenisKerqeli, Mar 19, 2021.

1. vertical and horizontal lines in laptop screen

My laptop worked fine until today , some vertical and horizontal lines appeas on windows screen, when i touch the screen, lines not changes, when i want to screenshot windows , lines is not appearing in screenshot

before 2 days i cleaned laptop screen carefully with water

what is the problem , screen or gpu ?

:)

AlbenisKerqeli, Mar 19, 2021

2. Vertical and Horizontal Lines

I was away this morning and my Windows 10 computer performed a major upgrade. The result is that I now have two gray horizontal lines and two vertical gray lines on my screen. They form nine rectangles that overlay every program. I checked screen settings,
    etc and nothing works. My system, computer and monitor, is from ASUS and worked fine until the "update."

TomSimms64, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Vertical and Horizontal Lines

The problem I had with vertical and horizontal lines has nothing to do with Windows. I have an ASUS monitor. There are small buttons along the bottom of the screen case. It is easy to inadvertently touch the buttons. One of them turns on an "alignment
    grid." Simply push the button to turn it off.

TomSimms64, Mar 19, 2021
  4. vertical and horizontal lines in laptop screen

Horizontal and Vertical typing line

I don't know how to explain this, but very, very rarely the normal vertical line typing thing just changes into a horizontal line.

To explain this, just type something in your browser. Notice that before every letter typed there is a vertical line representing where the letter will be.

What very rarely happens is it changes into a horizontal line instead. It makes it so if you click on a letter, instead of a vertical line going either to the left or right of the letter, it instead selects the letter and makes it so if you type something,
    you change the letter instead of typing one.

This is NOT dragging your cursor on text selecting it, it is a completely different way of typing that I don't know how to reset.

amirpeleg1, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

vertical and horizontal lines in laptop screen

1. vertical and horizontal lines in laptop screen - Similar Threads - vertical horizontal lines

2. Vertical lines on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical lines on screen: When my computer turns on, no line appears, but over time vertical lines appear... with the display port cable the lines appear up to half of the screen, with HDMI lines appear up to the top of the monitor, I already changed it the display port cable, updated drivers etc......
  3. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  4. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  5. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Vertical lines on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical lines on screen: For past few weeks I have been seeing vertical lines on my screen. It barely lasted for a second before the welcome screen opens up. Now I see similar lines while playing youtube videos just on youtube, other video apps are working fine. Today, however, few images were...
  7. Vertical lines on screen

Vertical lines on screen: For past few weeks I have been seeing vertical lines on my screen. It barely lasted for a second before the welcome screen opens up. Now I see similar lines while playing youtube videos just on youtube, other video apps are working fine. Today, however, few images were...
  8. Horizontal line on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  9. screen flickering and there is horizontal and vertical line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering and there is horizontal and vertical line: Hai, Nabila is here. I need help to discovered my pc, I admit that I'm using old model for about 10 years ago pc.. Now i'm asking for help at my smartphone because my screen monitor have some glitches and flickering, bot some but much! it is covering my screen and i can't...
  10. no video but horizontal and vertical lines

in Windows 10 Customization
    no video but horizontal and vertical lines: I have a d620 lattitude that i purchased used. It has been working well until a few weeks ago when it developed a vertical line near center, still with video. Shortly the vertical line disappeared, but had no video, just a light blue screen. I connected to my lcd tv and it...