Windows 10: Vertical Monitor display edge overlap

Discus and support Vertical Monitor display edge overlap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] The bottom monitor's display overlaps to the top screens display. No gap vertically like there is horizontally As you can see from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chaoist, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Vertical Monitor display edge overlap

Vertical Monitor display edge overlap [​IMG]

The bottom monitor's display overlaps to the top screens display.

No gap vertically like there is horizontally

As you can see from the above images, the issue is between the monitors stacked vertically.

All the non-Windows application's windows overlap to the above monitors.

I have the latest display drivers, graphics drivers (RX 580), and Windows drivers.

https://preview.redd.it/0ljlvmfspba...bp&s=c7821c196d2e4eb9dc260792881dac170d9d9ed2

This is honestly more of an inconvenience, but I would still like to fix this.

EDIT: this has been happening for awhile, it didn't start recently. I can confirm that it has been ongoing since at least the start of the year. And I setup this PC since July of 2019.

submitted by /u/Chaoist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chaoist, Jul 11, 2020

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Dual Monitor Window Overlap

I've been having this problem for a while where if I maximize the window on my second monitor, it sometimes overlaps onto my first monitor slightly. It doesn't always overlap by the same amount, and it doesn't seem to start at the very edge of the maximized
    window either, sometime's it's further in. It's not a big problem, but it can become annoying at times depending on what I'm currently working on. Is there any way to sort this out? I've attached a screenshot of it happening on my setup, along with a link
    to a post where somebody else was having the problem

Vertical Monitor display edge overlap fcb13c64-fed6-46ed-97f8-34cd22456a1c.png

Link: Inactive or retired community

BallistiX09, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Vertical Monitor display edge overlap

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Vertical Monitor display edge overlap

1. Vertical Monitor display edge overlap - Similar Threads - Vertical Monitor display

2. Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation: Hi.I have a HP E223 monitor that can rotate from landscape to portrait.However, when I rotate it, the desktop with all the icons does not rotate as well.Is this normal? Shouldn't it be automatic?Do I have to go into the Windows screen settings every time and set the rotation...
  3. Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation: Hi.I have a HP E223 monitor that can rotate from landscape to portrait.However, when I rotate it, the desktop with all the icons does not rotate as well.Is this normal? Shouldn't it be automatic?Do I have to go into the Windows screen settings every time and set the rotation...
  4. Monitor display is offset vertically in a way that the taskbar is cut off significantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor display is offset vertically in a way that the taskbar is cut off significantly: Hello.Recently, one of my new monitors has been acting up recently. Whenever I awake my computer from sleep, my second monitor always has this annoying offset that causes the taskbar to be cut off vertically, and creates a large black bar at the top. The only way I know to...
  5. Video display is split vertically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video display is split vertically: so yeah, as the title says, my display is split vertically. this problem started showing up after i got another monitor for my prebuilt all in one pc because the main monitor had its lcd broken. so im using this as my main monitor. this problem happens whenever something uses...
  6. Vertical Lines on Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical Lines on Monitors: Hello, I'm seeing vertical lines on my Acer Predator Monitors. It is not the drivers, GPU was tested and is good. Everything was fine but recently just started doing this. I get it on both monitors but the pattern does not look the same. I would like to post pictures if...
  7. A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup: Hi, I recently upgraded my setup and bought an NVIDIA graphics card all the latest drivers are installed, which I hooked up to my dual monitors. Sometimes, when I'm using a program on the main monitor, a white vertical line only a couple of pixels wide appears on the edge...
  8. Monitor problems, vertical flickering

Monitor problems, vertical flickering: I have been experiencing a monitor mulfuncioning on my HP ENVY x360, i dont understand if this problem has to do with hardware or software. On some occasions, mainly while im using microsoft word, my screen starts to flicker and to display vertical lines. Once i reboot the...
  9. Mouse overlapping with/on extra monitors

Mouse overlapping with/on extra monitors: I'm using windows 10 on a laptop and have two external monitors hooked up. After a little while of use my mouse cursor begins to overlap its self on the extra monitors but not on the main display. My laptop is a MSI and the monitors are both ACER, Logitech gaming mouse. I'm...
  10. Dashboard overlaps edge of desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dashboard overlaps edge of desktop.: I cannot activate AVG Tune Up because the top of the dashboard that contains the 'help' button overlaps the edge of the page. How can I make the dashboard smaller. I am using a laptop....