Windows 10: Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

Discus and support Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've seen this topic come up before, and so far, none of the solutions offered has fixed the problem I've got. On certain web pages, the vertical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nathanlenz, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

I've seen this topic come up before, and so far, none of the solutions offered has fixed the problem I've got.

On certain web pages, the vertical scroll bar disappears, as if the page is too wide for the screen, even though the bottom scroll bar is also missing, indicating the page can't be moved 'back and forth'. For instance, this Joann webpage:

Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears 1f543b4f-c2fd-4742-8818-f94311292782?upload=true.jpg

You can see the vertical scroll bar is gone. Now, switching to another tab not another window entirely, we have the scroll bar reappear:

Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears 1aab0772-9b54-40d2-a8af-98aef8c2f640?upload=true.jpg

In order to scroll on the Joann site, all I have to do is click somewhere on the page and use my UP/DOWN arrow keys, but the fact the scroll bar is missing entirely is frustrating.

I've looked into all the suggestions from previous posts regarding this problem, and none of the solutions works for this. Does anybody have any other suggestions to get the scroll bar back, or will I have to content myself with a click/UP/DOWN arrow thing?

:)

Nathanlenz, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Moka99 Win User

Vertical Scroll Bar

My vertical scroll bar on the right side seems to be disappearing when I access the Internet.

Moka99, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Scroll bars

I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears
    the jitter will stop. Another good example is the list of Apps and features - my list is large and so the window cannot be vertically expanded so that the scroll bar disappears. This happens also in several of my apps. And, it also happens in my browser
    searches. The jitter is so severe that I cannot highlight an entry to modify it. Any help?

orangecatQH, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Chrisana Win User

Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

Vertical Scroll Bar

Thank you for your prompt reply lacrumb. I did as you suggest and moved the pointer to the far right but the vertical scroll bar did not appear. I then went to Settings and turned Off the Automatically hide scroll bars but the scroll bar still does not
    appear.

Chrisana, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

1. Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears - Similar Threads - Vertical Scroll Bar

2. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  3. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  4. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. disappearing scroll bar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    disappearing scroll bar: One of the new features of some applications like Word is a disappearing scroll bar (on the right). I'm wondering how to disable this, and just have a scrollbar that is always visible. It's not clear to me if this is a Windows feature, that is used by some MS programs, or...
  6. Vertical Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vertical Scroll Bar: I am using Windows 10 and Office 365 on my PC. I have a large number of folders in My Documents. One of these folders and its subdocuments folders has the vertical scroll bar missing. In its Word and Excel files I have checked to Show vertical scroll bar options and the files...
  7. List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10: When I grab the scroll bar "button" (or whatever that dragable object is called) to scroll down a list the list content does not smooth scroll in real-time but just jumps to the new position immediately once I release the "button". I've searched online and can't find a fix....
  8. Scroll Bars disappear.

Scroll Bars disappear.: Who thinks there is some advantage in not seeing scroll bars? Code was added to make them "time out" and disappear. When the user is looking at a listing, how do they know there are more? What is gained by hiding the scroll bar? There is change to the layout, so real...
  9. Disappearing scroll bar

Disappearing scroll bar: Is there a way to stop the scroll bars from disappearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-scroll-bar/ca12e89f-70f2-4223-b863-f7395fa5a822
  10. restore vertical scroll

restore vertical scroll: All of a sudden my scrolling has changed from vertical to horizontal/ I want to go back to vertical https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-vertical-scroll/32f438e4-8a2a-45f2-aeb5-809c5c73ef25