Windows 10: Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page

Discus and support Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On a website platform where I sell items, until recently when I updated an item description and pressed "enter", the vertical scrollbar would stay at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbaraHeppner1, May 10, 2020.

1. Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page

On a website platform where I sell items, until recently when I updated an item description and pressed "enter", the vertical scrollbar would stay at the point on the page where I made my last update. Now after I press enter, the scrollbar goes to the top of the page and I have to search through a long list to find my place. This is new and it happens on 2 different browsers. Can this be fixed?

:)

BarbaraHeppner1, May 10, 2020

2. Vertical scrollbar-change colour ?

Is there a way to change the colour of vertical scrollbar in Windows 10 ? .... high contrast theme..does not help .

Thank you.

Can you change colour of scrollbar in Firefox ?

treblefree, May 10, 2020
  3. Mele2000 Win User
    How to make all vertical scrollbars in Windows 10 wider and be present always

I have a 24" widescreen monitor for a desktop running Windows 10 Pro 1709, 16299.334 and I need wider vertical scrollbars on ALL windows. I have been able to make them wider for SOME windows by editing the registry and in Windows Metrics changing the scroll
    height and width to -500. That works great for my browsers and some other windows. That, however, does not work for much of Windows itself such as Settings where the scrollbar remains so tiny I can barely use it and, thus, which discourages me from making
    changes and makes it unpleasant and frustrating to try and work with such an extremely unnecessarily narrow scrollbar on a very wide monitor. The scrollbar is also very narrow and almost invisible if I use Start/all apps - so tiny I can't scroll the apps.
    These are just some examples of how registry settings I have changed have not taken effect in some parts of Windows. Why is this? How do I fix it?

Also, a related issue that I want to know how to fix: How do I stop the vertical scrollbar from disappearing from my screen or not even being there at all? (Such as its behavior in IE 11 which I would use more frequently if the scrollbar stayed visible
    at all times). The vertical scrollbar should be there all the time as well as being the width I set it for!

Mele2000, May 10, 2020
  4. troutusa Win User

Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page

Vertical scrollbars is an annoying, useless, and malfunctioning feature

I don't like the vertical scrollbar disappearing, and would like to disable this function. Along with the annoyance it creates, the scrollbar often acts erratically. A single mouse click on the bar ends up acting as if I am pressing and holding the mouse
    button. I keep all my software up to date and have installed all recommended patches. This problem has persisted for some time and on multiple machines.

It really is a non-feature, or one so rarely beneficial it should require setting special permission. IMO.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

troutusa, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page

1. Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page - Similar Threads - Vertical scrollbar returns

2. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  3. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  4. Vertical/horizontal scrollbar missing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vertical/horizontal scrollbar missing after Windows 10 update: My Windows 10 desktop enterprise, version 1909 updated to April 13, 2021—KB5001337 OS Build 18363.1500, after that scroll bar control in was missing become totally blank, can not have the up or down arrows or the scroll bar. But scrollbar in my other desktop with previous...
  5. vertical scrollbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    vertical scrollbar: How do I move vertical scrollbar from left to right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vertical-scrollbar/33f00ec8-d98b-41d9-aaa0-a52e8fb19171
  6. Return to main page

Return to main page: How to return from domain join instead to the main page with sign in with Microsoft? Basically, i will start working from home and i am still waiting for my my company to send me all details and all passwords reset, and when i have reached the page with sign in with...
  7. Vertical scrollbar-change colour ?

Vertical scrollbar-change colour ?: Is there a way to change the colour of vertical scrollbar in Windows 10 ? .... high contrast theme..does not help . Thank you. Can you change colour of scrollbar in Firefox ? 138701
  8. How Do I Hide The Vertical Scrollbar In File Exploer?

How Do I Hide The Vertical Scrollbar In File Exploer?: Hello, Can someone please tell me how to hide the vertical up and down bar to the right in file explorer, and expand the page as well? Thank You For Your Help...
  9. Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top: With Windows 10, I can't slowly scroll through my files or make it through an entire folder before the OS returns my page to the first line of photos. It's practically detrimental to my work-flow as I am a photographer. I can't look through my files to choose my next project...
  10. Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top: I can't slowly scroll through my files or make it through an entire before the OS returns my page to the first line of photos. It's practically detrimental to my work-flow as I am a photographer. I can't look through my files to choose my next project with the files suddenly...