Windows 10: Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen

Discus and support Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a VERTICAL TASK BAR on the left side of my screen. When I open new windows that are NOT MAXIMIZED, they open on the right side of the screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mcclure56, Nov 5, 2018.

1. mcclure56 Win User

Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen

I use a VERTICAL TASK BAR on the left side of my screen. When I open new windows that are NOT MAXIMIZED, they open on the right side of the screen, which is fine. But they are actually TOO FAR to the right, i.e. OFF THE SCREEN by about (or exactly?) the width of the task bar.

This is a continual pain, because EVERY time I open a program, I have to use the mouse to move it back onto the screen.

I assume this is a bug. Are you interested, Microsoft? It should take about 5 minutes to fix. It seems that the programmers simply forgot to change the dimensions of the usable desktop when a vertical task bar is being used.

BTW, programs which open MAXIMIZED do not suffer from this problem.

Thanks for listening.

:)

mcclure56, Nov 5, 2018
  2. TMaves Win User

Task-bar Blocked By Maximized Window

When working with a maximized window, I cannot get the task bar to reappear when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. Only started occurring after I upgraded to Windows 10. Have tried changing the settings but cannot get it work. Have to use
    the "windows" key to get the Start Menu/Task Bar to pop-up. Am I missing a setting?

TMaves, Nov 5, 2018
  3. program sits on task bar not maximizing on screen

win 10 program sit on task bar only and not maximizing on screen when you try to open it.

GonzaloMarquez, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen

Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have moved the windows 10 task bar from the bottom of the screen to the left but unfortunately this breaks the centre alignment of some icons. Where as all icons on the menu were vertically aligned when the task bar was horizontal on the bottom of the
    screen only some of the icons horizontally align when the taskbar is vertical at the left of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/q7dCiXL.png

Is there any way to make all the icons centre align?

A-Windows-User, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen

1. Vertical task bar moves non-maximized windows partly off the screen - Similar Threads - Vertical task bar

2. task bar partially off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar partially off screen: Brand new install.The display appears to be too large for my monitor. For instance, only to top 1/2 of the task bar is visible. Same is true for the left edge and perhaps top and right edge....
  3. task bar partially off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar partially off screen: Brand new install.The display appears to be too large for my monitor. For instance, only to top 1/2 of the task bar is visible. Same is true for the left edge and perhaps top and right edge....
  4. Move Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Task Bar: how can i move the task bar in windows 11 so that it runs top to bottom down the left side of the screeen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar/7ec3ff20-72e6-4b7c-948a-5247d7e4b3c8
  5. Move Task Bar

Move Task Bar: how can i move the task bar in windows 11 so that it runs top to bottom down the left side of the screeen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar/7ec3ff20-72e6-4b7c-948a-5247d7e4b3c8
  6. Vertical Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  7. Vertical Task Bar

Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  8. Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen: When you doubleclick on the top edge of a window, it will maximize vertically, while retaining the same width. This pretty cool to have on ultrawide monitors. When doing this on a secondary screen, Windows will send the window back to the primary monitor, which is...
  9. Non functioning task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non functioning task bar: I followed online advice to go into Task manager processes and press end task for Windows explorer. I was following a path to Press the Windows key + R and then type in " explorer.exe " and click enter. After the first step of ending the task no window appeared to permit me...
  10. vertical task bar tp horizantal

in Windows 10 Customization
    vertical task bar tp horizantal: How do I restore vertical task bar to horizontal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/vertical-task-bar-tp-horizantal/690c2d98-5881-4ea9-b9b0-64ce9ccb8c6f