Windows 10: Vertical Taskbar too wide

Discus and support Vertical Taskbar too wide in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spinnekop, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Spinnekop Win User

Vertical Taskbar too wide

Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal taskbar.

:)

Spinnekop, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

I'm guessing the 'Pinned' Taskbar Icons stay in a single row because of the whole thumbnail preview thing.
    Perhaps with a 3rd party utility...
    Multiple rows are easily achieved creating a new Toolbar, (right click Taskbar/Toolbars/New toolbar...)
    unlock the Taskbar and drag Toolbars to desired position by hovering of the double separator bars til you see a double headed arrow, (you can drag them over top of each other to flip their positions)...

Vertical Taskbar too wide [​IMG]

Vertical Taskbar too wide [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 15, 2021
  4. YorgH Win User

Can't resize Windows 10 Start Menu if taskbar is vertical

I'm running Windows 10 Pro build 1511 on a Lenovo T450s. I have the taskbar aligned vertically along the left side of the screen. The problem is that the start menu will only come out about half way across the screen and won't allow me to drag it wider.
    I discovered a temporary workaround by moving the taskbar to the bottom and then opening the start menu and dragging it full width, and then moving the taskbar back to the left again. Except after some time, the start menu will revert to it's narrower width
    and then I will have to do that all over again. I also noticed while testing that if the taskbar is vertical, if I open the start menu and it is fully wide, it will allow me to resize it to the narrower setting, but then will not let me resize it full width
    again. I also tried testing having the taskbar vertically on the right and it misbehaved the same way. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

YorgH, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Vertical Taskbar too wide - Similar Threads - Vertical Taskbar too

2. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  3. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  4. Wide Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wide Taskbar: The taskbar is wider than the screen and cuts off the notification center. Any Ideas on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wide-taskbar/1c297ae4-34b8-4e0b-bc4c-9a476d9de11f
  5. Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2: So, randomly (several weeks after updating to 20H2), the icons on my taskbar suddenly got much wider, as shown in the attached image. The spacing also got messed up in File Explorer. Does anyone know which registry key I should edit to fix this problem? It's very ugly....
  6. Taskbar buttons...a little too wide

Taskbar buttons...a little too wide: So my taskbar looks like this now. The buttons are really wide for some reason. I am using Small taskbar buttons in Settings, can someone figure out how to fix this? [ATTACH] And yes, I have restarted....
  7. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...
  8. app display too wide

app display too wide: Schwab app display is too wide, it does not display full display on right side. It cuts off some numbers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-display-too-wide/01c7e0a5-f0cc-41cc-bbc4-2b4869ae06b5
  9. Property windows are too wide

Property windows are too wide: [ATTACH]HOW DO I FIX THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/property-windows-are-too-wide/6053d969-6da4-4728-a995-7bf8d27bce00
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide: Please see the screenshot:: Screenshot by Lightshot Also you can notice that the icons are not very easy to see. I was wondering if you could help me? I've tried everything. Also not sure if my font is the default font even though it is when I go into Chrome...