Windows 10: Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

Discus and support Vertical Taskbar Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by B.Layton, Nov 29, 2021.

1. B.Layton Win User

Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting back to Windows 10 until there is a fix.

:)

B.Layton, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 29, 2021
  3. How to keep vertical taskbar underneath windows

Hello everyone

I have a vertical taskbar on the lefthand side. In Windows XP and Windows 7, with a vertical taskbar, if I moved a window towards the taskbar, the taskbar would go underneath the window (i.e. the window would go on top of the taskbar). In Windows 10, however, any window that I move towards the taskbar slides in underneath the taskbar. This reduces the useable width of my screen. Is there a way to get Windows to let the vertical taskbar behave like the horizontal one, i.e. that windows move over it, not underneath it?

Thanks
    Samuel

==

Added: Oh, wait, the AHK script win7taskbar-gl.ahk that I used with Windows 7 actually works. I'm not sure what the download URL for it is, though.

ugcheleuce, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Grzegorz Win User

Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop?
    I mean, when vertical, no matter how thick the taskbar is made, there is always only one icons column and one needs to scroll it, when those do not fit:

Vertical Taskbar Windows 11 41462d1486569782t-taskbar-doesnt-stack-when-vertical-vertical.png

The only thing I found on the Net related to this is this topic:
    taskbar doesn't stack when vertical? - Windows 7 Help Forums
    But - first - I totally don't get this patent with a folder (?), and second - there are some years that passed, maybe, finally, there is a way to do this...? Or any taskbar tweaker, skin, whatever...?

Grzegorz, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Vertical Taskbar

2. Need the Vertical Taskbar back in Windows 11 - This is agony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the Vertical Taskbar back in Windows 11 - This is agony: C'mon Microsoft. It was already in the product and it's the right way to do a taskbar. If you were going to remove anything, remove the horizontal taskbar for gosh sake....
  3. Need the Vertical Taskbar back in Windows 11 - This is agony

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the Vertical Taskbar back in Windows 11 - This is agony: C'mon Microsoft. It was already in the product and it's the right way to do a taskbar. If you were going to remove anything, remove the horizontal taskbar for gosh sake....
  4. moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position: Are their plans to return option of physically moving the entire windows taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the left of the screen in a vertical position? Widescreen monitors have gained in popularity. I have been using two of them for a few years now. I love being able...
  5. moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position

moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position: Are their plans to return option of physically moving the entire windows taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the left of the screen in a vertical position? Widescreen monitors have gained in popularity. I have been using two of them for a few years now. I love being able...
  6. Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names: I have a full taskbar. I've chosen to combine the taskbar icons when the taskbar is full. When I hover over one of the icons say Word, I see a horizontal arrangement of say three abutted thumbnails, one per Word document. The filenames show above the thumbnails in truncated...
  7. Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names

Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names: I have a full taskbar. I've chosen to combine the taskbar icons when the taskbar is full. When I hover over one of the icons say Word, I see a horizontal arrangement of say three abutted thumbnails, one per Word document. The filenames show above the thumbnails in truncated...
  8. Adjust taskbar hover-over bubbles to show only vertical list of file names

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I would like to move my taskbar to the right vertical of the screen, but I cant find an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to move my taskbar to the right vertical of the screen, but I cant find an...: I have been using right aligned taskbars since I started using windows. Its much easier to move eyes to the side than down, and I use the full screen height to read documents. Its very difficult to find this setting in windows 11, could someone provide some guidance?...
  10. I would like to move my taskbar to the right vertical of the screen, but I cant find an...

I would like to move my taskbar to the right vertical of the screen, but I cant find an...: I have been using right aligned taskbars since I started using windows. Its much easier to move eyes to the side than down, and I use the full screen height to read documents. Its very difficult to find this setting in windows 11, could someone provide some guidance?...