Windows 10: Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271

Discus and support Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Immediately after upgrading my Insider's copy of Windows 10 to build 14271 I noticed a vertical white bar in the notification area. See the screenshot:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bulldog, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Bulldog Win User

Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271

Immediately after upgrading my Insider's copy of Windows 10 to build 14271 I noticed a vertical white bar in the notification area. See the screenshot:

Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271 [​IMG]

As you can see, it has a little arrow pointing to the right. If I rest my pointer on the bar, no tooltip appears. If I click on the bar, it moves to the left and now the little arrow inside points to the left.

Any ideas what the heck this is?

:)

Bulldog, Feb 27, 2016

2. vertical taskbar width

I like my taskbar vertical and on the left edge of the screen. Without explanation it has become wider, such that there are 3 columns of icons in the notification area. I attempt to drag the right edge of the bar to make it narrower, but it won't move.

Is there any way to make this thing do what I want it do?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Feb 27, 2016
  3. CD Cooke Win User
    Windows 10 media player cannot change video border color.

That's great to change the vertical border's colour - but it doesn't alter the colour of the bar at the top of the screen, which remains a distracting white.

CD Cooke, Feb 27, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Bulldog,

This is a known bug in build 14271 for the taskbar notification area. You can turn off Always show all icons in the notification area to fix this for now until a new build is released again. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 27, 2016
  6. Bulldog Win User
    Thanks, Brink. You are on-the-ball as usual. As long as I know it's an issue for the build, it's no problem. That's part of the adventure of being an Insider.

Bulldog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271 - Similar Threads - Vertical White Bar

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  6. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  7. notification area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  8. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode: Hi all! I was literally arguing with one of Xidax's technicians recently about some sort of weird screen error I was getting when my laptop woke from sleep. Image attached. (White screen with vertical lines and the cursor turns into a white block). I gave them a...
  9. White boxes for icons in Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for icons in Notification Area: Running Win 10, build 16299. I used a program, "Dir Icon" to change the icons in the Notification Area" of This PC. I opened My PC on startup last week and all the drive icons had turned into white square boxes. I tried everything I could find to repair the icons, even...
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...