Windows 10: Vertically tiling more than two windows

Discus and support Vertically tiling more than two windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, This question has been a long time coming for me. I really miss being able to tile windows vertically, and with all the web at my fingertips,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Long time question, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Vertically tiling more than two windows

Hello,

This question has been a long time coming for me. I really miss being able to tile windows vertically, and with all the web at my fingertips, I haven't found a way to do so in windows 10. There are some pretty cool quick snap options, but what I use the most does not seem to be available anymore. Is there away to tile more than 2 windows vertically and evenly? I don't want any of them stacked. I always have to do it manually. Please see example. Thank you in advance.

Vertically tiling more than two windows [​IMG]

:)

Long time question, Feb 25, 2021

2. Tile windows vertically with one click in Windows 10

I have multiple monitors and like to tile some emails vertically in the right half of one of the screens.

I use Dual Monitor Tools to place the emails in the right half of this screen, but they take up the half-screen from top to bottom.

I learned from a post to highlight one of the emails and hit win-down arrow and it will vertically tile the emails, but this only works to a maximum of 3 emails. Great. But it would be greater if it could vertically
    tile more than 3 at a time.

The screen is big, so there is plenty of vertical room.

Does anybody know how to expand the limit of vertical tiles which can be created by using win-down arrow? Or some other shortcut to tile multiple windows vertically on one half of one of multiple screens.

Trying to accomplish this through the taskbar doesn't seem to work for this purpose because it will try to tile the Outlook list of email messages, which I don't want to include in the tiling, ie, I would like
    to leave the Outlook list of email messages where it is and only tile some emails themselves, yet the taskbar considers the list of messages and the messages themselves as part of one taskbar group even if the taskbar buttons are not combined.

Thanks in advance.

Global9999, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Paul Win User
    Tile windows vertically with one click in Windows 10

I have multiple monitors and like to tile some emails vertically in the right half of one of the screens.

I use Dual Monitor Tools to place the emails in the right half of this screen, but they take up the half-screen from top to bottom.

I learned from a superuser post to highlight one of the emails and hit win-down arrow and it will vertically tile the emails, but to a maximum of 3 emails. Great. But it would be great if it could vertically tile more than 3 at a time.

The screen is big, so there is plenty of vertical room.

Does anybody know how to expand the limit of vertical tiles which can be created by using win-down arrow?

Trying to accomplish this through the taskbar doesn't seem to work for this purpose because it will try to tile the Outlook list of email messages which I don't want to include in the tiling, ie, I would like to leave the Outlook list of email messages where it is and only tile some emails themselves, yet the taskbar considers the list and the messages as part of one taskbar group.

Thanks in advance.

4. Vertically tiling more than two windows

Does the phone work horizontally? Or is the tiles and phone only vertical functioning?

The live tiles and app list is stuck in a vertical position, but most apps can be used either way.

CurryGuy123, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Vertically tiling more than two windows

1. Vertically tiling more than two windows - Similar Threads - Vertically tiling more

2. What SEARCH options are more thorough than the two that are easily accessible ?

in Cortana
    What SEARCH options are more thorough than the two that are easily accessible ?: Neither SEARCH in the Task Bar Cortana ?, nor in top right of the Explorer screen, can find 'quarantines' - whereas I can find four 'manually'. Is there some other SEARCH mechanism/program that is more thorough than the two I've mentioned ?...
  3. Show more tiles is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show more tiles is not working: Can someone please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-more-tiles-is-not-working/1fc3ebfd-de6d-40ec-8e01-d2e2f98907cb
  4. Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.: Hello, I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer, replacing the motherboard, CPU, PSU and case and ever since then there has been this odd issue where the computer will only accept two screen inputs at once and I cannot change which ones without a restart. I have...
  5. More than two audio devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than two audio devices: Is it possible to have more than 2 audio devices using windows? I don't mind utilizing software to do so. Thanks! submitted by /u/InTheManVan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i094pg/more_than_two_audio_devices/
  6. Are more than two thousand processes necesaries when win10 is idle?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are more than two thousand processes necesaries when win10 is idle?: Why my laptop show more than two thousand processes running when it isn't running any program except task monitor?, why that processes are consuming many resources and task monitor shows activity like crazy? [ATTACH]...
  7. Tile windows vertically with one click in Windows 10

Tile windows vertically with one click in Windows 10: I have multiple monitors and like to tile some emails vertically in the right half of one of the screens. I use Dual Monitor Tools to place the emails in the right half of this screen, but they take up the half-screen from top to bottom. I learned from a post to highlight...
  8. customize win 10 tiles more than 4x4 tiles?

customize win 10 tiles more than 4x4 tiles?: Hi there, I'm new here *Smile. Is it possible to customize win 10 tiles more than 4x4 tiles? *Huh 43929
  9. More than 1 live weather tile not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More than 1 live weather tile not working: I have 3 live weather tiles in my apps. One of them is working fine, but the other 2 are not live. Can you have more than 1 live weather tile apps for different locations? I have a surface pro 3 with windows 10. Software is updated. My other live tiles are working just...
  10. More than Windows Pro....

in Windows 10 Support
    More than Windows Pro....: hi guys, on my main machine, i have a start screen as was on Build 10240. But on the 3 others where Win 10 has been installed i get not the startscreen (when hitting the left corner) but the old fashion side menu one did one or two builds ago. Is this because...