Windows 10: VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up

Discus and support VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have gone through the nuisance of posting this because I am so frustrated. It is downright underhanded and nefarious to require signing in to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PC user_0000001, Nov 1, 2019.

1. VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up

I have gone through the nuisance of posting this because I am so frustrated. It is downright underhanded and nefarious to require signing in to a Microsoft account in order to even USE a new computer, which I purchased, and belongs to me--not Microsoft. I cannot get past the setup process unless I sign in to a Microsoft account. Does your greed for data and control know no bounds?

And this is a trend in every way Microsoft does business these days. You default everything to your below average apps, fine, but then make it an act of congress to use something else (i.e., the multi-step process of getting out of S-mode and warning (yes WARNING that it might be dangerous to use (heaven forbid) Firefox or Google Chrome). Your business practices are growing so cringy. You are losing my trust, my patience, and soon my business.

I earnestly hope others will voice their similar opinion and that Microsoft will do better in the future. I am one small voice, but I know I am not alone.

Sincerely,

A frustrated and concerned consumer.

:)

PC user_0000001, Nov 1, 2019

2. Help with setting up a new pc

step one-
    REMEMBER THE FRICKIN SPACERS!!! If you dont remember to put the spacers in between the motherboard and the case, you will fry your motherboard, and go through a month and a half of RMA's (like me lol)
    step two-
    Wire all those annoying case-motherboard connections, because its alot easier to reach the connectors with the board outside the case
    step three-
    making sure that you don't have anything under the motherboard except spacers, put motherboard in case and screw in
    step four-
    insert CPU according to directions given to you by CPU company
    step five-
    set up the rest of the PC, you know what to do *Big Grin VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up :D
    step six-
    plug everything in
    step seven-
    find in motherboard manual the right button to get into BIOS. Press on button, and then hit the button to get into BIOS. Configure BIOS as you please.
    step eight-
    if you do not have an OS in the hard drive you put in, install it now. if you did, you will need to repair your OS. This will take some time... *Laugh :laugh:
    And thats it. you're done! you have a custom rig of gaming power! and if theres one step you need, its the one involving the SPACERS!!! good luck!*Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 1, 2019
  4. VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up

1. VERY ANNOYED - New PC Set Up - Similar Threads - VERY ANNOYED Set

2. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  3. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  4. Setting up a new PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My new PC starts up very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new PC starts up very slow.: Hello. My name is Lukas and i would like to get some help with my brand new PC...Every time I start my computer, it loads much slower than it usually does. When I have logged in to the computer and after it has been loading for a while, my icons do not appear on my desktop....
  6. New PC issues - setting up

New PC issues - setting up: We have just bought a new PC for our son. Happy days - not.We now have the joy of setting it up, downloading all the software, getting all his passwords over etc. Cannot wait.Some background to the first problem:I have a Microsoft account, through which I have bought all the...
  7. New PC set up

New PC set up: While setting up a new PC the screen reduced itself to a small box in the center of the screen. How can I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-set-up/235b124e-3c36-4449-b0fd-98537f1a68c9
  8. Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying: When I configure microsoft store to install my games on drive D, it happens, it is this mess leaving everything ugly and confusing and the worst is that I can not even put this mess in a single folder, has to be exposed on drive D, I like to leave all my computer well...
  9. setting up a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up a new pc: Setting up a new pc when i entered my account and password it just stays on the account tab saying just a moment. what can i do to move on setting up my PC?...
  10. Very annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...