Windows 10: Very annoying pop-up

Discus and support Very annoying pop-up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vivski, Aug 18, 2015.

1. vivski Win User

Very annoying pop-up

I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too.

Very annoying pop-up [​IMG]

It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so should be in Ease of Access, but I cannot see where the option to kill it resides.

I hope someone can suggest a solution before I throw something at the screen.

:)

vivski, Aug 18, 2015

2. Very annoying pop-up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Scroll down to the Touch screen keyboard and handwriting panel service.
    • Right click on the service “Touch screen keyboard and handwriting panel service”.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click the Stop button in the Service
      Status section.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 18, 2015
  3. k0065126 Win User
    Very annoying pop-up

Thanks Syed,

I went into Settings, Ease of Access, Keyboard and toggled the button for the 'On-screen Keyboard' from Off to On. When the on-screen keyboard popped up I closed it and noticed that the button had reset from On to Off again, and the problem seems to be resolved.

However, just in case I have followed your instructions as well and will reboot the computer tomorrow.

Viv

k0065126, Aug 18, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Very annoying pop-up

Go to start menu, click settings, click system, click tablet mode and see if it is set to off.

Not sure if it will solve your problem but give it a try.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 18, 2015
  5. neomatter Win User
    That is the touch keyboard interface. If you press the icon on the lower right corner of the pad with pen on it, you will get options to change it to a regular keyboard.

Edit: I would think it would disable itself if you're in desktop mode and hardware keyboard is detected.

neomatter, Aug 18, 2015
  6. vivski Win User
    Thanks tcman50, I checked and it is greyed out so Windows must be able to detect that it is not a tablet.

Clicking the lower right icon does change it to a keyboard, but it still pops up, and I am in desktop mode and the hardware keyboard must be detected as it works.

I found the solution which is to open Settings, System, Tablet Mode. At the bottom is a switch 'hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode' which I changed from On to Off. I thought that this solved the problem, but it hasn't.

Thanks to both for your help. Maybe I will have to ask Microsoft, after all they are the ones who are irritating me with this feature.

Viv

vivski, Aug 18, 2015
  7. neomatter Win User
    Not sure why it would be doing that especially if it's in desktop mode. It is not normal behaviour as mine does not do that on both SP2 (with power cover attached) and my main desktop unit. Did you check keyboard drivers to see if they are up to date? Did you try to turn on tablet mode, then turn it off?

The odd thing is tablet mode should not be greyed out (you should still be able to select it even if using a desktop). So some setting might have become corrupted or somewhere in that line.

I am coming off a clean install of Win10 though.

Hopefully you will be able to resolve this. Good luck.

neomatter, Aug 18, 2015
  8. vivski Win User

Very annoying pop-up

Thanks neomatter, I went into Settings, Ease of Access, Keyboard and toggled the button for the 'On-screen Keyboard' from Off to On. When the on-screen keyboard popped up I closed it and noticed that the button had reset from On to Off again, and the problem seems to be resolved.

vivski, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Very annoying pop-up

1. Very annoying pop-up - Similar Threads - Very annoying pop

2. Annoying pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop-up: I keep getting an annoying pop-up asking me to activate my Norton license with an activation code. The pop-up is apparently sent by Microsoft Edge.singaporelocalfavourites.com The bigger problem is that the same sender keeps sending me pop-ups asking me to sign on for some...
  3. Edge annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge annoying pop-up: Just Curious, but when if ever are you planning on deleting the annoying Microsoft New App? I keep saying "No Thanks", but it insists on coming back. I may be mistaken, but I'll bet there are others who feel the same way....
  4. Annoying pop-ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying pop-ups: How can I stop the pop-up that occurs when my curser touches a link in my mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-ups/5b104e5b-ac3e-4218-8c70-8132729a0515
  5. Annoying pop up message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop up message: I keep getting the following pop message; c:users\users\appdata\roaming\03d402\eKYC fkc.vbs any ideas how to get rid of it please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-up-message/75cdd4c5-3be0-4864-9eb0-313ed2a64817"
  6. Annoying pop up messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop up messages: Hi. I must have installed some messing system by mistake. I get these grey boxes floating in from the side or coming up on the right of the computer. As an example if I use FTP software on my website I get a grey box moving in from the side saying files transferred. I am...
  7. annoying pop up

in Browsers and Email
    annoying pop up: [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop...
  8. Annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop-up: After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it. If only MS added some text to the...
  9. Start up and annoying pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up and annoying pop ups: New laptop set up by store Windows 10. hard drive failed after 3 weeks so new machine given !!!! and set up done again. This time it is completely different and I dont know how to correct it, 1 at the start I only have those damn tiles and my "list" to the far left is...
  10. What's with the annoying pop-up?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's with the annoying pop-up?: Hey guys, hope someone here can help me out with this minor nuisance. Every time I restart windows 10, about 10 to 15 minutes during use, I get a cmd(command prompt) pop up with the word schtasks.exe and then it automatically closes. This can get rather annoying while gaming...