Windows 10: Very Annoying Problems After Clean Install of Windows 10

Discus and support Very Annoying Problems After Clean Install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had to do a clean install of windows 10 today because I had freezing issues which I have yet to see have gone with the clean install. I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016.

1. sw98irl Win User

Very Annoying Problems After Clean Install of Windows 10

I had to do a clean install of windows 10 today because I had freezing issues which I have yet to see have gone with the clean install. I went into settings then system and recovery and selected reset and remove all files and settings and then it reinstalled windows 10, however my previous wallpaper was still there after the install. When it had finished the clean install I discovered problems I had when I first upgraded to windows 10. I managed to fix these issues before but now I can't remember how I fixed them. 1 of the issues is the brightness is backwards. I sometimes have to put brightness down to 0% to get full brightness. I have the settings set so that the screen brightness will be 80% when on battery and 100 when plugged in. For example if I boot the pc on battery the brightness is as it should be on 80% but when I plug it in the screen goes dark when it should be on 100%, so what I have to do is put the brightness to 0% in order to get full brightness??? The other problem is that shutdown now nearly takes a minute while it took like 10 seconds before the reinstall. This is another problem I had when i first upgraded but fixed it eventually but now i cant remember how. Can anyone help with these very annoying issues. Thanks for any replies.

:)

sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016
  2. Gruvytune Win User

Windows 10 - USB Hard Drives Immediately Go to Sleep

I did a complete clean install of windows 10 and this problem still persists. external drives go to sleep within 10 seconds of them being used and have to repower back and spin up to read them each time after they go to sleep. very annoying. i have them
    set to sleep after 15min but that does not seem to work.

help please.

thanks

Gruvytune, Jun 6, 2016
  3. Multiple Instances of Documents folder Under "This PC"

Have the same problem "Documents" folder showing multiple times under "This PC"

Windows 10 - clean install (with the free upgrade).

Its very annoying but does not cause any serious issues (at least none I noticed).

MaartenvandenHoek, Jun 6, 2016
  4. Vignesh B Win User

The brightness issue wound like a faulty driver.
    For the clean install I prefer using the USB/DVD loaded with ISO created by media creation tool / techbench.

Vignesh B, Jun 6, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Technically the reset install is not as good as a proper format and clean install. I would suggest trying that. Remember to backup your files.

swarfega, Jun 6, 2016
  6. sw98irl Win User
    Yeah the freezing problem is back after the reset. How do I backup my Windows 10 OS and then completely wipe my SSD. I have my files backed up already.

sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016
  7. badrobot Win User
    That's not a clean install. It's just a reset. And it may not solve your issues if your installation/upgrade/update is corrupted in the first place.
    Clean install is wiping out the hard drive and doing a manual installation.
    You don't have to back up your OS if that is the root of your problems. You will wipe it out and download an ISO for clean installation.

Here's a guide for you: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

badrobot, Jun 6, 2016
  8. sw98irl Win User

The tutorial doesnt have a guide for wiping your drive before doing the install. How is that done.

sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016
  9. badrobot Win User
    You can do that during installation. It's also part of the guide (Delete/Format/New).

Very Annoying Problems After Clean Install of Windows 10 [​IMG]

badrobot, Jun 6, 2016
  10. sw98irl Win User
    Oh ok so is the best thing to do is to format the drive before installing?

sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016
  11. badrobot Win User
    If you have more than 1 partition, you have to delete all of them and then create a "New" volume/partition. But if you only have one partition, then Format should be fine.

badrobot, Jun 6, 2016
  12. sw98irl Win User
    I have a windows ''c'' partition and a recovery ''D'' partition. so do I just delete these 2 and that will completely erase them?

sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016
  13. badrobot Win User

Yes. It will become one "Unallocated Space" as shown in the photo then you have to create "New" before you can proceed with the installation.

badrobot, Jun 6, 2016
  14. badrobot Win User
    When you are done with installation and installing your programs, come back here and we'll show you how to make a image backup if you haven't done so. It's the easiest way to restore your PC when you had issues.

badrobot, Jun 6, 2016
  15. sw98irl Win User
    Ok so the new partition will be the windows ''c''. Also just to confirm that deleting the partitions will completely wipe everything on the ssd

sw98irl, Jun 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Very Annoying Problems After Clean Install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Very Annoying Problems

2. VERY ANNOYING Print Spooler Problem in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VERY ANNOYING Print Spooler Problem in Windows 11: I have three printers. Two are WiFi and one is ethernet connected.The problem only affects the Wifi printers.I send a job to Wifi Printer A, and it prints only after I've accomplished the steps laid out below, first. But when the printing is done, and I revisit for another...
  3. VERY ANNOYING Print Spooler Problem in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VERY ANNOYING Print Spooler Problem in Windows 11: I have three printers. Two are WiFi and one is ethernet connected.The problem only affects the Wifi printers.I send a job to Wifi Printer A, and it prints only after I've accomplished the steps laid out below, first. But when the printing is done, and I revisit for another...
  4. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  5. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  6. Driver problem after clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver problem after clean Windows 10 install: CI successfully install Windows 10 on a brand new SSD, all other drives disconnected. Desktop appears in one resolution and then blanks out after 10 seconds and goes into a higher resolution. No icons on main screen, many icons below do not work. Restart results in a blank...
  7. Very annoying problem with signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very annoying problem with signing in: So last night, I downloaded a driver to supposedly help with the Omen gaming panel. However, this morning when I woke up, I signed in but as I was doing so, it said ‘preparing windows’. To my surprise, all my ‘settings’ on my laptop were reset and I was welcomed with a...
  8. All Apps very slow after clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Apps very slow after clean install of Windows 10: I replaced the Harddrive in my laptop with an SSD, installed a fresh copy of windows 10. There are no apps / programs installed, Microsoft Edge is extremely slow. I downloaded Google, Firefox, this is the same. I carried out another clean install, incase something got...
  9. Very Slow Windows 10 Updates After Clean Install

Very Slow Windows 10 Updates After Clean Install: I have been upgrading my four computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 doing clean installs on each computer. The upgrades go smoothly until I start downloading all of the updates needed. The first two rounds of six or so updates each download and install very fast; within 10 -...
  10. Very Odd Clean Install Problem

Very Odd Clean Install Problem: Hello - I've been banging my head off the wall trying to work this one out for days.... I have a machine which is base OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 so I invoked the Upgrade and it activated with Windows 10 absolutely fine. (I used the keep files and apps option). I then...