Windows 10: Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio

Discus and support Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where my sound is distorted. For example, if I click the volume slider so that "bling" noise plays, it sounds all distorted. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crabbyconnorbomb, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio

I'm having an issue where my sound is distorted. For example, if I click the volume slider so that "bling" noise plays, it sounds all distorted. Also, I am stuck using my front headphone jack because if I use the back one, it sounds fine, but there is a constant hissing noise. (very annoying too).

What I find strange is that if I'm gaming, the distortion problem goes away and audio sounds fine, but the second I close the game, the problem comes right back.

Interestingly enough, the hissing from the back audio jack doesn't start until it gets to the please wait screen before the login screen. (leading me to believe this is software related)

Is there a way to fix this or am I going to have to break the bank and buy a sound card. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but it didn't work.

:)

crabbyconnorbomb, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio

Audio Distortion

Hello. I am running on Windows 10 Pro build 14222. Whenever I play audio/video online there is a very annoying audio distortion. I tried reinstalling audio drivers and I reinstalled windows 10 and all the drivers. Even after that audio distortion has not
    been solved. I have got a replacement of speakers and IO board and still the problem persists. There are absolutely no sound enhancement and the sound is set to CD quality. Audio troubleshooting and using Microsoft HD audio driver instead of Realtek didn't
    help. And I am running the latest updated drivers prescribed by dell. Kindly help me out with a solution.

PS: I am running on Windows 10 Pro.

System Specs are : Intel i5(7th gen), 8GB DDR4 RAM, Realtek audio.

While Running DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon I am getting huge red bars. (High Latency Issue)

prashanthwagle, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio

1. Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio - Similar Threads - Very annoying Sound

2. Audio randomly very loud and distorted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio randomly very loud and distorted.: My audio will suddenly skyrocket and distorted with static. I've been having this issue for a while and I've just put up with it as my new reality. I'm experiencing this on not one, but four different computers. An MSI gaming desktop with video games, an ACEPC micro desktop...
  3. Audio randomly very loud and distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio randomly very loud and distorted.: My audio will suddenly skyrocket and distorted with static. I've been having this issue for a while and I've just put up with it as my new reality. I'm experiencing this on not one, but four different computers. An MSI gaming desktop with video games, an ACEPC micro desktop...
  4. My Realtek Audio doesn't sound very good.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Realtek Audio doesn't sound very good.: When I use the default driver for sound, things sound like they have no bass. I scoured the internet and tried a lot of things. Updating the driver, uninstalling and installing, troubleshooting.I tried disabling audio enhancements and it worked, until I stopped whatever I was...
  5. My Realtek Audio doesn't sound very good.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Realtek Audio doesn't sound very good.: When I use the default driver for sound, things sound like they have no bass. I scoured the internet and tried a lot of things. Updating the driver, uninstalling and installing, troubleshooting.I tried disabling audio enhancements and it worked, until I stopped whatever I was...
  6. My Realtek Audio doesn't sound very good.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headset not headphones sound very distorted

Bluetooth Headset not headphones sound very distorted: I would like the assistance of this community in resolving my issue regarding the distorted sound coming from my bluetooth headset. I have JBL Tune 750BTNC bluetooth headphones which I want to use for video conferencing on zoom. Now I know that Windows registers them as two...
  8. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...
  9. sound/realtek audio

sound/realtek audio: Reltek driver updated on my laptop, and now the sound sounds weird and has a weird echo like surround sound effect. It plays the sounds in both sides of the headphones but its more vivid in either the left or right side. Ex; if there were drums in a music video it might...
  10. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...