Windows 10: Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

Discus and support Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have two displays: one HDR capable display (Samsung LC32HG7) and a non HDR display (Iiyama). I set the SDR content appearance slide to 50%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abreneliere, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

Hello,

I have two displays: one HDR capable display (Samsung LC32HG7) and a non HDR display (Iiyama).

I set the SDR content appearance slide to 50% on the LC32HG7 display.

When I change to another user's session and I go back to my session the HDR screen goes dark.

When I open the Windows HD colour settings the slide is set to the previously set value (50%) but I have to touch the slide to have my HDR screen with the correct brightness.

I have had this Window's 10 bug since the first version that support HDR. I have to make this operation every day because my computer is used by other members of the family.

For more information about this problem: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you

:)

abreneliere, Aug 15, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 15, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 15, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

1. Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804) - Similar Threads - Very annoying bug

2. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  3. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  4. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen brightness changing based on webpage content - very annoying!

Screen brightness changing based on webpage content - very annoying!: I have a Dell XPS13 running windows 10. No issues for 2 years, but all of the sudden, the brightness is constantly changing as I view different items. If I scroll a news story, it has one brightness for text, then changes to a different brightness for an image, then a...
  6. Annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  7. Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback: Hi, I'm having trouble setting up HDR video playback on my new 2019 HP Spectre 15.6 OLED laptop. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. Although I can play HDR video from VLC and Netflix, I'm having trouble adjusting it When I go into "Windows HD Color Settings" I only see a...
  8. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen. The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the...
  9. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows (last version) on a blank disk and I still have the issue. After each user session change, that means every day since april...
  10. Annoying bug in Windows 10

Annoying bug in Windows 10: I made a shortcut key for Snipping Tool and it won't change to anything else. I first made it the . on my number pad. Now I've changed it to F1 (Yes I did click apply). Now it says that the shortcut key is F1 but Snipping Tool won't open when I press F1. It still opens with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sdr content appearance

2. sdr content appearence

3. sdr content appearance dims

4. windows sdr content appearance resetting