Windows 10: very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake

Discus and support very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I close voice meeter, it sleeps on the timer. it sleeps fine manually under powercfg /requests, it shows this when voice meeter is running, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Dec 19, 2020.

1. very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake

If I close voice meeter, it sleeps on the timer.
    it sleeps fine manually

under powercfg /requests, it shows this when voice meeter is running, and it keeps it from sleeping on the timer.
    SYSTEM:[DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_14627596&REV_1000\4&9805567&0&0301)
    An audio stream is currently in use.

I went looking for an answer and found this, but none of the suggested fixes work

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-46f0a9355505

someone suggested, you had to name it exactly like this
    Therefore, their complete command was
    powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0280&SUBSYS_14141E20&REV_1000\4&ec27c28&0&0001" SYSTEM-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now mine shows this
    [DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_14627596&REV_1000\4&9805567&0&0301)An audio stream is currently in use.

powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_14627596&REV_1000\4&9805567&0&0301" SYSTEM

but that does not work and neither does
    powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYSTEM.

:)

sdowney717, Dec 19, 2020

2. awake from sleep mode

Hey folk; Just a quick question here about awaking laptop from sleep with lid closed. I am attached to a separate screen and keep laptop closed at all times. Have tried turning on (HID-compliant devices) from human interface. No joy. This is a new Alienware
    17 r4 with windows 10. I want my remote keyboard and or mouse to wake the unit from sleep. HELP?

mystrymachine66, Dec 19, 2020
  3. 154Neil Win User
    PC Sleep will not awake

When I set my Win 10 PC to sleep when I close the lid, it goes to sleep. The problem is that I cannot get it out of sleep and the only thing that I can do is to press the power button until the PC shuts off. Then I can restart the PC normally.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

154Neil, Dec 19, 2020
  4. very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake

How to keep computer awake after waking from a scheduled job.

I put my Windows 10 PC to sleep each night before going to bed and need it to automatically wake up at 8:00 AM each morning and
    stay awake until I put it to sleep at night. I have a scheduled job that dutifully wakes the PC every morning, but the problem is that it puts itself back to sleep within a few minutes. If I move the mouse during the few minutes it's awake
    it stays awake all day with no problem. If I wake the computer with the keyboard it stays awake all day.

This process worked fine in Windows 7. Any suggestions?

RickBell_CA, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake

1. very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meeter keeps it awake - Similar Threads - very close fixing

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  4. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  5. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  6. very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meter keeps it awake

in Windows 10 Support
    very close on fixing sleep on a PC, but voice meter keeps it awake: If I close voice meeter, it sleeps on the timer. it sleeps fine manually under powercfg /requests, it shows this when voice meeter is running, and it keeps it from sleeping on the timer. SYSTEM:[DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device...
  7. awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net - Solution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net - Solution?: Long standing problem for many people - awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net. This happens on all my PC's - both Ethernet and Wireless connected ones. Sometimes no problem, other times it fails. On the wireless ones, they often show the connected icon at...
  8. Windows doesn't sleep, Automatically awakes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't sleep, Automatically awakes: When I try to sleep my windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.720, Laptop Haier Y11c By pressing sleep button, It sleep for a second and then awakes automatically. I have no external peripherals installed....
  9. Change Sleep settings to keep the PC awake while copying data from external drive

Change Sleep settings to keep the PC awake while copying data from external drive: I have been down loading some data to my hard drive which was going to take a few hours. Before it completed the laptop decided I hadn't been using the system and shut down to save power. How can I make the system recognise that if data is being written to the harddrive, then...
  10. my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

my pc awake after sleep or hibernation: Hello.I have two annoying problems about one year ago. 1)My laptop awake every day at 3:00 am!!!.I checked automatic maintenance and for sure i set at 12 noon and uncheck option '' allow to awake pc the spesific time''.But the problem...