Windows 10: Very frequent BSOD (various errors) crashing even after clean reformat

Discus and support Very frequent BSOD (various errors) crashing even after clean reformat in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm experiencing frequent BSODs, all with different kinds of errors. They seem random. Sometimes I'm just on spotify, sometimes on brave browser,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by haruhiho, Oct 26, 2019.

1. haruhiho Win User

Very frequent BSOD (various errors) crashing even after clean reformat

I'm experiencing frequent BSODs, all with different kinds of errors. They seem random. Sometimes I'm just on spotify, sometimes on brave browser, sometimes on jetbrains IDE. I'm also experiencing crashes in my applications. And sometimes pages in my browser crash and require a refresh (incredibly frequent with youtube).

Sometimes the errors say something about kernel failure, i think frequently memory management.

PC build is newly bought, less than 1 month old. I've also tried reseating the hardware (removing ssd and ram and putting them back on).

I've found three dmp files in windows/minidump, also my msinfo32 and specs. You can download the archive here.

:)

haruhiho, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Very frequent BSOD (various errors) crashing even after clean reformat [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Very frequent BSOD (various errors) crashing even after clean reformat :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Very frequent BSOD (various errors) crashing even after clean reformat - Similar Threads - Very frequent BSOD

2. Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors: Issue:Frequent BSOD and oddly high memory usage. For example, with only Google Chrome and Windows DBG open, I'm utilizing 78% of my memory and 30-40% of my CPU. System specs are below. The issue started after I installed a new video card ~ about two years ago. I switched from...
  3. Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors: Issue:Frequent BSOD and oddly high memory usage. For example, with only Google Chrome and Windows DBG open, I'm utilizing 78% of my memory and 30-40% of my CPU. System specs are below. The issue started after I installed a new video card ~ about two years ago. I switched from...
  4. Frequent BSOD w/ Various Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC BSOD even after reformatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD even after reformatting: This is the info from the dump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-bsod-even-after-reformatting/75d0ded5-d8f9-4e8d-b4fc-a31ab50662e5
  6. PC BSOD even after reformatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSOD even after reformatting: This is the info from the dump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-bsod-even-after-reformatting/75d0ded5-d8f9-4e8d-b4fc-a31ab50662e5
  7. PC BSOD even after reformatting

8. BSOD errors very frequently

BSOD errors very frequently: Hi there,I have been having frequent BSOD errors with my computer and many times it is due to a different error Machine_Check_Exception, System_Service_Exception, etc;. I have uploaded the 3 most recent DMP files, the output for MSinfo and my computer specifications down...
  9. Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Frequent BSODs even after clean install: Hey everyone, Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however lately my computer has been giving me nothing but trouble. Basically I am getting random BSODs, several unique ones, also...
  10. Frequent Various BSOD crashes

Frequent Various BSOD crashes: Hello, for the last 2-3 days out of nowhere the last 2-3 days my computer has been getting a variety of different BSODs. Many of which point to faulty hardware, drivers, or memory problems. I've tried a few things including updating any outdated drivers, and restoring the...