Windows 10: Very frequent game crashes, occasional bluescreens in Dota 2 with new

Discus and support Very frequent game crashes, occasional bluescreens in Dota 2 with new in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry for long post, but I am desperate for a solution to an issue I know from experience to be very time-consuming. I replaced all but the case and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GnatDaGnat, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Very frequent game crashes, occasional bluescreens in Dota 2 with new

Sorry for long post, but I am desperate for a solution to an issue I know from experience to be very time-consuming.

I replaced all but the case and GPU in my PC and made fresh Windows 10 installation on new SSD. The aforementioned crashes ONLY happen in Dota 2 (granted the only other game I've played on here is WoW Classic), and make the game unplayable, because it is an online competitive action-RTS game (also, I hate to admit, a huge part of my life), for those who aren't familiar. And time lost is game-losing. Anyway, I encountered my first problems when I installed the latest AMD driver and software. Halfway through the cursor disappeared, the screen froze, and the GPU fan went to max RPM, followed by black screen. Upon rebooting, all seemed well as Windows update appeared to fill in the blanks in drivers (I had not yet connected to my internet when I attempted to install video drivers), and I got the AMD software by running setup from the C:\AMD directory. The Dota 2 client recommended that I set it to use DX11, so that is what I still have it on. I encountered problems in my first game with a bit of strange stuttering, and then the first blue screen. In subsequent Dota matches I have had 1-4 game crashes per game where the process quits with no warning. As far as the Windows blue screens, I have had 3 of them so far (they occur while Dota 2 is running), and they are always a different stop code (I wish I had recorded them), but a couple remind me of video driver issues I've had before on other systems. I am quite hesitant to uninstall/reinstall the driver as doing so in past AMD driver issues on a certain other system has always led to me having to reinstall Windows with still at best a partial fix on the original issue (at worst the card becomes entirely unusable), so I would like to receive input from others before I try anything.

Here is driver and software info from the application:
    Radeon Settings Version - 2019.0903.1407.25433
    View Release Notes - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/re...rad-win-19-9-1
    Driver Packaging Version - 19.30.01.50-190903a-346453E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01410
    OpenGL® Version - 26.20.11000.13571
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.106
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.119

And here is my system:
    MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 2600X
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3466Mhz 16-18-18-36(?)
    AMD RX 470 4GB
    A good NVMe M.2 SSD

Also please note I have the XMP memory profile on as well as "game boost" from BIOS (CPU multiplier up such that freq is 4.05Ghz). And temps have been fine, no more than 70C on anything under load. My PC otherwise runs flawlessly.

Any suggestions that could help me at all are greatly appreciated! Thanks so so much for your time.

:)

GnatDaGnat, Sep 14, 2019

2. freezing dota 2 because new update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "i am a dota 2 player because of new update dota", from where exactly have you downloaded dota 2?

I suggest you to keep up to date on latest information on Windows update through Windows 10 blog.

Windows 10 Archives | Windows Blog

Please get back to us with an update on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 14, 2019
  3. DqOrbit Win User
    Getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen error while playing Dota 2 game

Old title: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Hi,

I have been playing a game called 'Dota 2' for a while. I had a Macbook Pro before I had this laptop and the game ran perfectly on my mac. I switched over to a new MSI Windows 8.1 laptop a while ago and re-downloaded Dota 2 on it. It happens randomly when
    I'm playing the game, but my whole computer will freeze for a few seconds making a loud buzzing noise and then goes to a blue screen that says MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. This doesn't happen all the time, it only happens when I am playing Dota 2 and I've had
    this issue, mostly every time I play the game.

This is my system info:

Screenshot - bf7b1223e3c83f8443a5f1a92b6e6d8e - Gyazo

(Copy and paste it into your url bar)

Thanks

DqOrbit, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Very frequent game crashes, occasional bluescreens in Dota 2 with new

Dota 2 crashes after launching

After I installed the windows 10 anniversary update version 1603 and till now, Dota 2 has been crashing all the time when it is launched. I've tried Clean Boot, re-installing Dota 2 and steam app and making sure my laptop doesn't have virus, it doesn't
    help at all. My computer only crashes when I launched Dota 2. Everytime it crashed, I have to force shutdown my laptop. This is really frustrating, is there any helpful solutions to my issue?

David LimJY, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Very frequent game crashes, occasional bluescreens in Dota 2 with new

1. Very frequent game crashes, occasional bluescreens in Dota 2 with new - Similar Threads - Very frequent game

2. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  3. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  4. Dota 2 is crashing or freezing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Dota 2 is crashing or freezing on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Dota 2 is one of the most popular games. However, a lot of users are having performance issues with this game. According to some, the game starts freezing after launch, as per some reports, the game crashes after startup. Whatever the case is, this is the guide you...
  5. Bluescreen crashes frequent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen crashes frequent: Hi , computer has started to blue screen alot and its getting more frequent i have tried fixing it myself frmo other questions but cant. I have the bluescreen view crash reports. If anyone can understand this and tell me how to fix this i need it. This computer is for my...
  6. Very frequent crashes

Very frequent crashes: Ever since I upgraded my laptop from 16GB of memory to 32GB my computer has been crashing a lot more than usual BSODs, spontaneous reboots, and sometimes the screen goes black but the screen is still backlit. I've taken a few steps that fixed the problem a little 10-11...
  7. Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.

Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.: My pc has been randomly crashing and a few times Ill get the blue screen of death saying a critical process died. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-randomly-crashing-and-the-occasional/3ec25e94-2d67-4583-9af4-c3cbaac707d5
  8. Frequent bluescreens and crashes, may be driver related, very confusing!

Frequent bluescreens and crashes, may be driver related, very confusing!: https://mega.nz/folder/S1V1SapQ#Ny0qKCidjy38UyPPPkndxA there are some dmp files. I think all the drivers are up to date, memtest went fine. I feel like I've checked everything but still get crashes when I'm just browsing chrome. Thank you!...
  9. Dota 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2: Is anyone else here having any issues running Dota 2 and getting reduced performance in comparison to Windows 8.1? I'm getting extremely low fps often to the point of it being a slide show, where I was getting a stable 40 fps in Windows 8.1. Have tried both graphics...
  10. Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2

Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2: Hello! I Frequently get BSOD when I play DOTA 2. I am just using an APU and I can play without problems sometimes. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong? Thank you in advance for the help. 77758

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd drivers crashing dota