Windows 10: Very High Data Usage

Discus and support Very High Data Usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windows 10 for quite a long time. but recently when I opened the data usage in settings, it showed that the "system" used 10 GB f... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phani Pavan K, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Very High Data Usage

Hello,

I am using windows 10 for quite a long time.

but recently when I opened the data usage in settings, it showed that the "system" used 10 GB f my data.

Today, I connected my hotspot to my PC and within half an hour, my daily data limit was reached.

Why the F... is it doing that?

*There is neither windows update nor any backup Very High Data Usage 2529fd49-9116-4a34-9cf7-3bb4ceec6a0d?upload=true.png running in the background.

:)

Phani Pavan K, Sep 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 high system data usage

We appreciate the additional information. Windows update is one of the possible cause why the system data usage is high. If you prefer to disable automatic updates to avoid high data usage, follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit.msc in the search bar, then press Enter
      to open Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
      • Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
    • Locate Configure Automatic Updates, then double-click it.
    • Check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
    • Under Options, change it to option 2 (Notify for download and notify for install).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Sep 18, 2018
  3. High CPU usage Microsoft Edge on video Streaming

Hi Sibtain,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue with the high CPU usage in Edge. We suggest that you clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will help improve the performance of Edge. To clear, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Click on Clear.

You can also visit this link with a similar concern as yours and check the solution
    provided by Josette Sal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 18, 2018
  4. NjnBat Win User

Very High Data Usage

Skype Windows Phone Data Usage

Dear Vasile,

I followed your instructions step by step and have succeeded in cutting down the data usage . Infact the notifications were resulting in the high data usage it seems. Now its working fine.
    Thanks a lot for the kind support extended.

NjnBat, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Very High Data Usage

1. Very High Data Usage - Similar Threads - Very High Data

2. Hdd usage very high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdd usage very high: How to solve this guys? I’ve tried disabling sys main and windows search but still it hasn’t changed please helpme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-usage-very-high/4999d655-fdb1-42b4-b7a4-c6d91599250e
  3. Hdd usage very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hdd usage very high: How to solve this guys? I’ve tried disabling sys main and windows search but still it hasn’t changed please helpme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-usage-very-high/4999d655-fdb1-42b4-b7a4-c6d91599250e
  4. Very High Power Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very High Power Usage: I hope Microsoft can help and remedy this. It is very frustrating.My Dell OptiPlex 7060 desktop computer and its specs aren't bad: Core i7 - ram 16 - gt 730 nvidia card, but my system lags a lot when I start Photoshop. I checked the task manager and it showed me that the CPU...
  5. Very High Power Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very High Power Usage: I hope Microsoft can help and remedy this. It is very frustrating.My Dell OptiPlex 7060 desktop computer and its specs aren't bad: Core i7 - ram 16 - gt 730 nvidia card, but my system lags a lot when I start Photoshop. I checked the task manager and it showed me that the CPU...
  6. Very High Power Usage

7. Very High Power Usage

Very High Power Usage: Several people have asked the same question or variant that I am asking below and it never really gets answered completely or resolved and then the threads are locked so no one can ask for more clarification or help. I wish Microsoft would help and address this. It is very...
  8. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  9. Very high power usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high power usage: I've just installed a new motherboard with my new 2070s and 3800x, but when i play a game or sometimes just being in chrome makes power usage very high in task manager. Is this something i should look into? i have an 650W PSU. https://i.imgur.com/fFPfATJ.png submitted by...
  10. Very high disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high disk usage: *Confused What's happening guys, I've decided to finally let the experts assist me since I've been really yanking my nerves and wasting time on maybe bad thought solutions. Okay so the issue is I'm getting a constant high disk usage without even having anything running...