Windows 10: Very high memory usage, no programs open

Discus and support Very high memory usage, no programs open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Task manager claims that 95% or more of my ram is being used, but the values for each program adds up to under a gigabyte. Any help? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Currall04, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Very high memory usage, no programs open

Task manager claims that 95% or more of my ram is being used, but the values for each program adds up to under a gigabyte. Any help?

submitted by /u/Currall04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Currall04, Jun 2, 2020

2. Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

Here are screenshots of the task manager and performance monitor:

Very high memory usage, no programs open [​IMG]

I am also receiving memory warnings now.

Windows 10 User, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

If it matters I was messing around with my synaptics driver, if that's the problem

4. Very high memory usage, no programs open

Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

I've been dealing with this issue for about a month now... Basically, my memory usage is very high (92% or so) while I have no programs open. I assume this is due to Windows background processes, but I am afraid to end one of them in case I mess something up. I have 6 GB of RAM on my laptop, and didn't have this problem before. Here is a screenshot of the Resource Monitor when I have nothing open (except the resource monitor, of course):

Thanks for any help, my computer is running like a brick..

Thema:

Very high memory usage, no programs open

1. Very high memory usage, no programs open - Similar Threads - Very high memory

2. Very high memory usage in Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very high memory usage in Windows 11 22H2: I have a Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.675 installation that is consuming all the RAM just sitting idle. It's a virtual machine on a QNAP TVS-872XT running QuTS 5.0.0.2120, with Virtualization Station 3.6.39. I'm using pass through for the CPU with 4 cores i5-8400T 6 core and...
  3. Very high RAM usage without any programs open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high RAM usage without any programs open.: My laptop has 16 gb of ram and for some reason, it has about 50% ram usage without any programs open. When I go on task manager to see which programs are using the most RAM, there's nothing that using a lot of ram. Even with all the programs' RAM usage on task manager, it...
  4. Very high dwm memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800
  5. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high: Hi. My laptop is a Dell i7 with 16M running on Windows is 10 Home Edition uptodated, which is constantly overwhelmed by this one process vmmem, which consumes, on a regular basis, 6-7MB of RAM, but it escalates up to 12MB and I just can't tell why. This issue started very...
  6. High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.

High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.: I recently bought a surface laptop 2 on Christmas and ever since I got it, my laptop has been constantly freezing and have received a few BSoDs as well. I checked my task manager to see what was going on and noticed that the "system" process has an average of 10-13% of CPU...
  7. Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open: I've been dealing with this issue for about a month now... Basically, my memory usage is very high (92% or so) while I have no programs open. I assume this is due to Windows background processes, but I am afraid to end one of them in case I mess something up. I have 6 GB of...
  8. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High: Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me? I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I, obviously, had Windows 8.1 when I got this laptop, which was 6 months ago, just after Xmas and that had problems. Lagging whenever...
  9. Very high memory usage by "system"

Very high memory usage by "system": Hi all. Im having an issue with my "System" Screenshot by Lightshot This is after 30-60min of having the computer running. Late last night it was at almost 6GB!! wtf is going on? i had Killer Networking - Home those drivers for me e2200 network card, but installed...
  10. Very high physical memory usage with nothing open

Very high physical memory usage with nothing open: msconfig - disable all 3rd party software startups ramMap, file explorer, nothing looks fishy scanned system with ESET, malwarebytes, hitman clean system with advanced system care and CC cleaner. nothing helps a bit just cant figure out what is eating up my rams,...