Windows 10: Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Discus and support Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scuzzmuffin, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I am concerned because the amount continually increases whenever I turn on the computer. I also have a phone that had ~0.7 GB 'dissappear' for no apparent reason, which is the paranoid side of this. Is there a good reason for the memory usage, and will it eventually disappear?

:)

scuzzmuffin, Jan 10, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

1. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable - Similar Threads - Very high memory

2. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory: Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory and CPU. I tried several method like adding MsMpEng.exe in exclusion list and from task managerschedule unchecking run with higest privileges and unchecking every option in conditions in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan but...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory: Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory and CPU. I tried several method like adding MsMpEng.exe in exclusion list and from task managerschedule unchecking run with higest privileges and unchecking every option in conditions in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan but...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

6. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  7. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  8. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  9. Antimalware service executable high memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high memory: How do I fix this, antimalware service is using a big chunk of my memory that I cant run several programs I need in a single time. I'm not running any scans on windows defender....
  10. Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?: When I open Task Manager, some service use a high memory. The service name is "Antimalware Service Executable". Please give me answer how to stop the service?...