Windows 10: Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Discus and support Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scuzzmuffin, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I am concerned because the amount continually increases whenever I turn on the computer. I also have a phone that had ~0.7 GB 'dissappear' for no apparent reason, which is the paranoid side of this. Is there a good reason for the memory usage, and will it eventually disappear?

:)

scuzzmuffin, Jan 10, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

1. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable - Similar Threads - Very high memory

2. Antimalware Service Executable taking up high memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable taking up high memory: Info: windows 10 pro64 bit Whenever I turn on my computer, generally 5-10 minutes later it slows down a lot. If i try to interact with it, it can take MINUTES to actually render what ive done. This happened for the first time a couple days ago, so i turned off my computer....
  3. Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?: When I open Task Manager, some service use a high memory. The service name is "Antimalware Service Executable". Please give me answer how to stop the service?...
  4. Antimalware service executable very high CPU usages

Antimalware service executable very high CPU usages: For some time the fan on my PC laptop has been running at full speed with no programmes running. When I went into Task Manager I found that Antimalware service executable was using very high CPU. I followed various threads on here which made different suggestions eg:...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable high memory RAM usage

Antimalware Service Executable high memory RAM usage: hello antimalware service executable is always on and at a high fixed rate of memory usage , i use windows defender , i dont use any other antiviruses software , i think this problem appeared after i upgraded to windows 10 few days ago , i tried both methods in the answer of...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage: I updated my windows 10 a couple days ago and ever since, the Antimalware Service Executable task in the task manager is using up to 50-70% of my memory space. It stops me from being able to run video games as everything is quite laggy. I have searched previous forums and...
  7. MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage: I started playing some Fortnite on my laptop as usual and after a while, my laptop just turned off automatically and I found that maybe the problem is for anti-malware Service because I never saw that before in my task manager and it has 140MB mean 20% usage. another thing is...
  8. Disk usage, memory usage is very high. Also, the "antimalware service executable" power...

Disk usage, memory usage is very high. Also, the "antimalware service executable" power...: [ATTACH]I don't know what to do, check this SS out, if you know any solutions, please help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-memory-usage-is-very-high-also-the/a7208016-8e39-4b78-b284-4e43b1b57702
  9. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?: Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far. submitted by /u/mawleek [link] [comments]...
  10. Antimalware using high memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware using high memory: The antimalware is using like 40% and 6.5 ram used, can’t find out if it’s doing a full scan and the last scan was like 7 days ago but the scan was only like 5 mins but I’ve been waiting for like 4 hours and no change what’s so ever. Oh and it’s using 1,564.9 MB on the memory...