Windows 10: Very high RAM usage with no apps running

Discus and support Very high RAM usage with no apps running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 70% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by madeinhaven, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Very high RAM usage with no apps running

Hi,

Task manager shows that I use around 70% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running.

The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart, the RAM usage drops at 30%.

I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 Version 2004 installed.

This problem occured one month ago, when I decided to update windows after I haven't done so for one or two years.

I have all my drivers updated.

Please help, I have no idea what the problem is.

Very high RAM usage with no apps running 36648eba-1104-4c27-b34a-3b5751848a50?upload=true.png Very high RAM usage with no apps running 0429c8a4-2ed5-4818-a5fb-d985a86168d2?upload=true.png Very high RAM usage with no apps running b4e04229-fb6b-440b-8881-f0325acb1907?upload=true.png Very high RAM usage with no apps running cb10530a-2b84-4d63-a1e5-f01d5aa5a42d?upload=true.png Very high RAM usage with no apps running 1623e2b8-aecd-4ae5-a3dc-d48f3785d924?upload=true.png

:)

madeinhaven, Jul 27, 2020

2. My cpu and ram usage is very high!

Sometimes my cpu and ram usage goes very high.

System(ntoskml.exe) and svhost(netvcs) use high ram.Once it reach 950 mb of my total 2gb ram.It has become difficult to use my pc (it is already old).Please Help me to prevent this high usage

Windows10xl, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Very high RAM usage all the time w10

Thank you PolarNettles. I had the same problem and followed your instructions

Very high RAM usage with no apps running [​IMG]

I uninstalled/reinstalled the program and ram usage is back to normal.

Once again, thank you
    Rocky

Rockydog1947, Jul 27, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Very high RAM usage with no apps running

My ram and cpu usage is very high

Not using Windows Defender myself to check, as it could be doing something at the moment, you say Defender is always using this amount of RAM or CPU ? High usage for this specific Antimalware would be much higher then that percentage. As far as what else it could be at the moment i can not see the entire list, but Chrome is using more RAM and Spotify is close to Defender's RAM usage.

Also check the details tab in Task manager, give you better idea of what is running and using both CPU and RAM. Check programs that startup with the PC, in startup tab in Task Manager, try to look and see ones that mention High usage, try to disable if not needed to run at startup as many still keep running after that.

I would run a full scan with Defender, also try at the run command type mrt.exe. As far as Avast being better, i would think so. Defender alone is not too good, in combination with say Malwarebytes free would be better protection.
    Rule out any virus by doing so, can use Malwarebytes also for now for a scan of system.
    Malwarebytes for Windows - PC Antivirus Replacement | Malwarebytes

jds63, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Very high RAM usage with no apps running

1. Very high RAM usage with no apps running - Similar Threads - Very high RAM

2. High ram usage even during no app is running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ram usage even during no app is running.: everything in task manager is looking normal... still 85% ram usage total ram is 4gb is my concern. Sometime usage increase to 95% and my laptop get hanged even I do not run anything. please help me reduce this to normal values....
  3. High ram usage even during no app is running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ram usage even during no app is running.: everything in task manager is looking normal... still 85% ram usage total ram is 4gb is my concern. Sometime usage increase to 95% and my laptop get hanged even I do not run anything. please help me reduce this to normal values....
  4. High ram usage even during no app is running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ram and CPU usage is very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  6. High RAM usage by one app

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage by one app: I only have 4GM of RAM in my 2-in-1 Tablet PC and do encounter 'not enough resources' freezes and notifications, mainly online with video streaming --- though not as much as I did before following advice on this Forum a while back, plus I constantly clean RAM with a one click...
  7. Very High Memory Usage With Only 4 Apps Running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very High Memory Usage With Only 4 Apps Running: Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I've recently had very high memory usage on my pc. With only Discord, Steam, the Task Manager and the File Explorer running I'm using 10.5 GB of memory, it's so weird. It isn't like I'm using almost any of my CPU or GPU either, (~5%...
  8. Very high RAM usage all the time w10

Very high RAM usage all the time w10: Hey, so I have read alot of articles about this problem but none of them helped me out. Whenever I try to play a game it gives incredible frame drops all the time, making it unplayable. This is what I did so far (installed ram is 16GB): I turned off Superfetch,...
  9. High ram usage with nothing running

High ram usage with nothing running: I built a new pc a week ago and today it started lagging like crazy and i noticed insane ram usage at first it was 99% with nothing showing too big of a usage: here's the screenshot and then i restarted pc and i found a solution online that disabling ndu.sys in registry fixes...
  10. My ram and cpu usage is very high

My ram and cpu usage is very high: Hey guys my cpu and ram usage is pretty high when im not even doing anything. Screenshot its on swedish but next to CPU is Memory. i found something called poolmon in windows kits where i could see if there was a driver that was using all the cpu and ram but i cant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RAM usage high with nothing running