Windows 10: Very Limited Administration Privileges

Discus and support Very Limited Administration Privileges in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I will go right to the point: How come I, the sole owner and administrator of my laptop, cannot erase a simple pdf file I have created myself, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuliaYamada, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Very Limited Administration Privileges

I will go right to the point: How come I, the sole owner and administrator of my laptop, cannot erase a simple pdf file I have created myself, even imedeately after I do so?

Note: Due to an Hard Drive malfunction I had my whole system reinstalled, so new instance of Windows 10. I figure this shuld be the problem since I had no such problems before. How do I even fix this? Having a couple dozens of heavy test pdf files ain't something I look forward to, and since I just got it backc from maintenance, who knows what else I won't be able to do.

:)

JuliaYamada, Jul 11, 2019

2. Limited Administrator privileges

Hi Michael,

If you already have an Administrator privilege, you should be able to make changes to the security/system settings and install the apps that you want. In your situation, you can not save or modify some settings even if you are already an administrator. To
    resolve this issue, we recommend that you set it up again by following the steps provided in this

article

Let us know the result.

Dennis Mop, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Very Limited Administration Privileges

Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

Very Limited Administration Privileges [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Very Limited Administration Privileges

1. Very Limited Administration Privileges - Similar Threads - Very Limited Administration

2. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  3. Administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  4. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  5. Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Privileges: I have been trying to get into my PC's admin account. I changed the PIN a while ago, and can't remember what it is. Is there a way to get into the administrator account without a password? I also have a kids' account on the computer I could get access to....
  6. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  7. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...