Windows 10: Very Long Boot Cycle

Discus and support Very Long Boot Cycle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have two systems, one running Win 10 64 bit, the other Win 10 32 bit. The 64 bit system boots quickly; the 32 bit system very slow. Both systems have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SR1942, Nov 22, 2020.

1. SR1942 Win User

Very Long Boot Cycle

i have two systems, one running Win 10 64 bit, the other Win 10 32 bit. The 64 bit system boots quickly; the 32 bit system very slow. Both systems have SSD for Windows. On the 32 bit system after POST once the Windows boot window appears, the rotating busy icon turns for a long period prior to the OS screen appearing. I have done all the usual things, i.e., full system virus scan, diagnostic check of RAM, chkdsk, sfc with no issues found. I have run CrystalDiskInfo with no issues found. I have done all the other tasks to speed up booting. Windows updates are up to date. I have not been successful with improving boot time with the 32 bit system.

:)

SR1942, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Nov 22, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Very Long Boot Cycle

What's your upgrade cycle?

Step 1: sell everything, for reasons often ideological
    Step 2: live on malfunctioning hardware and light Linux distros
    Step 3: get something at least stable, pronably meaning old office SFF systems, dual core and 4GB RAM, Windows
    Step 4: Scavange a low power GPU, cram it in there
    Step 5: Slowly aquire parts on sale, making excuses ("it was so cheap", "it could be quieter", and so on)
    Step 6: Multimonitor, soon you have something that at least looks like a professional working space and at least decent performance, maybe even allowing you to play the latest games on decene settings
    One year after Step 1, go back to step 1.

Historically that is what my upgrade cycle has looked like.

Long term, if you have money and sense, you either regurarly go small, or you go really big, ie Intel Extreme Edition. At least in the past that made sense. The i7 990X (or Xeon equivalent) is still a beast of a CPU. This route is costly, but it will last for a long, long time.

Frick, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Very Long Boot Cycle

1. Very Long Boot Cycle - Similar Threads - Very Long Boot

2. Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.: I had just clean installed windows because I was having connectivity issues I had no issues with this pc for a while. They were resolved with a clean install but that’s not the issue at hand. Windows started taking about 3 minutes to boot and load the desktop screen. Not only...
  3. Windows taking very long to shutdown/restart, booting unaffected

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking very long to shutdown/restart, booting unaffected: Hello, so the past couple of months or so I've had a problem with restarting and shutting down my laptop, I've tried many possible solutions but none seemed to help me, fast startup does help with the shutdown but restarts take just as long(it even says that in power...
  4. Windows Won’t Boot, Boot Cycles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Won’t Boot, Boot Cycles: Windows Won’t Boot, boot cycles System is a gigabyte b350 gaming, and 1700x. I’ve tried tons of different settings, uefi, legacy, secure boot, and at most it says preparing automatic repairs then boot cycles. I bought a new motherboard and installed windows just fine in that...
  5. Very long booting up the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very long booting up the laptop: Hello, I have a problem. Yesterday I installed realtek sound drivers and the laptop started to boot for a very long time. I tried to install again but it didn't work, I tried from another side, the same result. So I reset my laptop to factory settings. It took a long time to...
  6. COM exe does not get scheduled CPU Cycles for a very long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM exe does not get scheduled CPU Cycles for a very long time: We have a COM exe, it has a logging mechanism which takes the timestamp from the stack and passes it to another app via pipe. This application is quite old, but very stable and robust. almost 12 years in market. Visual Studio 2005. Target' Win 7 and Win 10. Both on Win...
  7. Very long Boot time after update 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very long Boot time after update 1803: Goodmorning I've just updated my probook 4530s to 1803 version of windows 10 I have an ssd installed on my notebook. After update the boot time is over 2 minutes. Before the update was really fast, like few seconds. The boot start with the windows logo for few seconds,...
  8. 1803 Boot cycle problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Boot cycle problem: Win10Home64, Avast user (if that has any relevance). Bought new USB stick 32GB just for this job. It seems to be Fat32 as new. Twice ran through Brink's TUT on this solution. Twice after creating/downloading and during the 'setup' unknown error 0x80042405 - 0xA001A has...
  9. Very long boot and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long boot and black screen: So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and...
  10. Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen: I have Win 10 x64 Pro and this is on a new PC and a fresh install using UEFI option to install Windows. Initially the PC would start up lighting fast (at the login screen in no more than 10 seconds, maybe less), but it has suddenly become very slow. It's not the BIOS, as I...