Windows 10: Very long Boot time after update 1803

Discus and support Very long Boot time after update 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Goodmorning I've just updated my probook 4530s to 1803 version of windows 10 I have an ssd installed on my notebook. After update the boot time is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leolerede, Jul 25, 2018.

1. leolerede Win User

Very long Boot time after update 1803

Goodmorning

I've just updated my probook 4530s to 1803 version of windows 10

I have an ssd installed on my notebook.

After update the boot time is over 2 minutes. Before the update was really fast, like few seconds.
    The boot start with the windows logo for few seconds, than a black screen for 1/2 minutes , then appear the logon page.

I've already tryed so many "solutions" and tests.

- disabled/enabled fast boot

- updated all the possible drivers (video, cpu, ssd, audio, chipset , webcam ) everything has the last update

- ran chkdsk , DIM, etc

- Disabled all program at startup, disabled all services from msconfig except for the windows services

- updated the bios

For sure i forgot something I tried but it's 3 days I'm looking for solution on the web and trying everithing

So this is the last chanche I write here, usually I try to do by myself but this time I have to ask for help

I've already installed WPT and logged a boot if somebody can help I have the trace file

One more thing: I see in the event viewer diagnostic performance some errors and warning that I can't decrypt

:)

leolerede, Jul 25, 2018
  2. kastriot Win User

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

I have Asus P6T Deluxe V2 with X5650 and after this update system would hang at blue boot logo, i decided to restore bios defaults and then update continued normaly, when everything was done i decided to restore my oc-ed bios settings but win would hang again at blue logo so i started to disable options in bios until i disabled in "Intel VT-d configuration" option "Enable VT-d" after that system would boot normaly and interesting thing is that this is disabled in default bios but i enabled it long time ago, but like i said this is happening only with 1803 update.

kastriot, Jul 25, 2018
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jul 25, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Very long Boot time after update 1803 - Similar Threads - Very long Boot

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows boot time is very long and explorer hangs on boot.: I had just clean installed windows because I was having connectivity issues I had no issues with this pc for a while. They were resolved with a clean install but that’s not the issue at hand. Windows started taking about 3 minutes to boot and load the desktop screen. Not only...
  6. Very Long Boot Cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very Long Boot Cycle: i have two systems, one running Win 10 64 bit, the other Win 10 32 bit. The 64 bit system boots quickly; the 32 bit system very slow. Both systems have SSD for Windows. On the 32 bit system after POST once the Windows boot window appears, the rotating busy icon turns for a...
  7. After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time: The issue occurred after this update. I have to wait long while the system is booting. My system: i5, gtx1060-6gb, 16 RAM. How to sort it out? It was working fine before...
  8. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  9. Boot time takes very long after optional update KB4535996

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot time takes very long after optional update KB4535996: Hello, On February 28 I installed optional update KB4535996 on my PC. Since then the boot time is taking way longer than originally. My PC is Acer desktop with Intel Core i5 6400. The machine is with Windows 10 Home 1909. I tried to uninstall 4535996 but the system is not...
  10. Very long time to restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long time to restart!: Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. long boot after update 1803 windows 10

2. how long to reboot after 1803 update