Windows 10: Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while?

Discus and support Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Long story short, I switched to a laptop that my friend had been using for college. After getting all of his documents off, I factory reset the PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dmn.21, Jun 17, 2021.

1. dmn.21 Win User

Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while?

Long story short, I switched to a laptop that my friend had been using for college. After getting all of his documents off, I factory reset the PC, effectively making a clean windows installation like the day it was first booted.I'm having a problem with the system audio-- my earbuds I used on my old laptop ASUS that worked fine on there-- when plugged into this laptop HP, has a periodical low but still noticeable, static sound whenever I go to play audio on YT or anywhere else, and it stops after I don't play an audio for a good 30 seconds. The major problem is when I resume playing aud

:)

dmn.21, Jun 17, 2021

2. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop.

I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying something about an 'apc index mismatch'

Ever since then, the very loud static noise plays on the headphones when they are plugged in. The built-in speakers work just fine. I have also tried with a different pair of headphones, with the same static noise.

Things I have tried:

Windows Update

Looking for driver updates in device manager

Windows Sound Problems Troubleshooter

If anyone has any idea how to solve this or what might be causing it, I would be very happy.

MoritzWettstein, Jun 17, 2021
  3. okgyrlge Win User
    Noises on Bluetooth earbuds after upgrading to Windows 10 1703

After upgrading to Windows 10 1703 (from 1607), I have noticed an audio problem with my Bluetooth earbuds (BlueAnt Pump). When I use my transcription software (where you open an audio file and use hotkeys to play/pause/rewind/fast forward), I get a loud static pop or noise every time I press play or move to a different part of the sound file. (After the quick noise, the audio plays normally.) I don't have this problem with my wired earbuds, and I don't have it with any software but this (Express Scribe). However, I'm guessing the software isn't the issue, but maybe some kind of driver issue.

I've already tried the audio and Bluetooth troubleshooters.

Any thoughts?

okgyrlge, Jun 17, 2021
  4. telled Win User

Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while?

Loud static or buzzing noise

Ever since I bought my Lumia 920 I have had problems with a very loud static / buzzing noise that comes and goes when I am playing music or other mp3 files. How do I fix this? It is driving me crazy.

telled, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while? - Similar Threads - Very loud static

2. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  3. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  4. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Static noise playing when sound is played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Static noise playing when sound is played: For a while now, whenever I plug headphones in my Alienware laptop's headphone jack, my headphones will randomly start playing static noise whenever I play any audio. When the audio stops being played completely the static just stops and I hear a popping sound. When I plug in...
  6. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  7. Audio not playing through earbuds// Windows 10

Audio not playing through earbuds// Windows 10: Hi. I recently bought a refurbished Acer Aspire 3 off of Best Buy and I realized that the audio doesn't play through my earbuds, only through the laptop speakers. I don't know if the earbuds are even being detected. I am not sure what to do....
  8. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...
  9. Static noise on all audio except when played through Groove Music

Static noise on all audio except when played through Groove Music: Okay, this is a really weird one. For the last 2 months I've been experiencing this reoccurring issue on my new Dell XPS 13 laptop where 1-2 times a day, the audio will suddenly get extremely staticy. It generally will last at least 1 minute but sometimes significantly...
  10. Hard lock, loud noise crash while playing games.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard lock, loud noise crash while playing games.: Hello I've been experiencing the same crash repeatedly now, while playing any game(it's happened so far in Rainbow Six Siege, Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3) my screen will randomly lock up and there's always a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEE sound until I shut the PC off manually with the...