Windows 10: Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory.

Discus and support Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brief summary: I have an ASUS laptop with 8GB of RAM installed. After noticing some performance issues even running one tab on Chrome (Roll20, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raaxis, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Raaxis Win User

Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory.

Brief summary: I have an ASUS laptop with 8GB of RAM installed. After noticing some performance issues even running one tab on Chrome (Roll20, a graphically-intensive website) with absolutely nothing else, I did some digging. It seems that my laptop only has about 3.38GB of its 7.88GB total memory flagged as "available". It's clear that this isn't Windows itself reserving memory for core processes, but rather something else allocating stupidly high amounts of memory inappropriately for itself.

What I've attempted:
    -Yes, I'm on a 64-bit Windows operating system.
    -Seriously. I'm 100% certain it's an x64 system. I know x86 can only use 4GB. I super pinky promise it's 64-bit.
    -I've unchecked the "max memory usage" setting, with minor results (i.e. gains of ~200MB).
    -I've unchecked the "automatic pagefile size" management option, with minor results (similar to above).
    -I've searched the BIOS menu for anything pertaining to integrated graphics memory allocation to no avail. ASUS' BIOS has extremely limited (read: absolutely zero) advanced management options. There is one--yes, one setting under the "Advanced" tab that appears to toggle between 64MB and 32MB of dedicated VRAM--which I strongly feel is probably a button that does absolutely nothing except make the user feel a little more in control.
    -To reiterate: there are a grand total of maybe 12 options in the entire "advanced" BIOS menu, four of which pertain to the CPU and virtual system environments, the rest which seem to manage aspects of hard drive memory. Absolutely nothing in the entire BIOS refers to RAM, or graphical memory allocation.
    -A DXDIAG revealed that the integrated Intel graphics chip is allocated 4GB(!!) of maximum shared RAM, despite the fact that I have a rather nice 2GB dedicated NVIDIA GTX1050, and I strongly suspect that this is the culprit.
    -I have not been able to find any settings on either the Intel or NVIDIA software that allow me to adjust the maximum amount of memory allocated; only the obvious "use X graphics device for Y program" settings.

I'm seriously at my wit's end here, folks. I'm praying that somebody, somewhere, knows how the hell I can tell my Intel graphics processor to cool it and let the NVIDIA card handle things (and hopefully free up some of my RAM).

Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory. 3c643ae6-262f-43ac-8c77-b39d580e6a43?upload=true.png

:)

Raaxis, Jun 3, 2019

2. free up available physical memory

hello, i have

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.91 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.61 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.79 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.48 GB

Page File Space 4.88 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i have installed bluestacks emulator it takes 2GB RAM on my PC and again i have uninstalled without opening it at least one time also due to not working properly. But my available physical memory is only 1.61GB. i think my data lost by that bluestacks emulator.
    what i have to do to increase physical memory size in my PC.

please help me to increase my physical memory size!!

muniswamikokila, Jun 3, 2019
  3. High installed physical memory, very Low available physical memory

Got a new computer and my Installed Physical Memory (RAM) is 8.00GB whereas my Avaiable Physical Memory is 370MB.

I game on my PC and I am getting very low FPS with many lag spikes in all of the game I play, I'm assuming this is the problem, but if anyone notices anything in my specs that could be effecting my pc performance, id appreciate some help <3

Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory. 7e3ba7b4-66de-41d9-9b76-6953afec299d.png

archiegill, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory.

Virtual vs Physical Memory?

I am running Windows 10. Physical memory [RAM] is 3 GB with 1.9GB available physical memory. Virtual memory is set at 5GB. Is this ratio of each type of memory ok for the Windows 10 set up?

Ronald Bagwell, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory.

1. Very low available physical memory vs. total physical memory. - Similar Threads - Very low available

2. Why does my laptop have very low available physical memory compared to total physical memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop have very low available physical memory compared to total physical memory?: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with a ryzen 3 3250U processor, 1TB HDD and 8 gb of ram. So it should not have trouble loading two tabs on my browser right? But my laptop has serious performance issues on tasks that it should seemingly do with ease. This issue has gotten so...
  3. Why does my laptop have very low available physical memory compared to total physical memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop have very low available physical memory compared to total physical memory?: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with a ryzen 3 3250U processor, 1TB HDD and 8 gb of ram. So it should not have trouble loading two tabs on my browser right? But my laptop has serious performance issues on tasks that it should seemingly do with ease. This issue has gotten so...
  4. Low available physical memory and free memory

Low available physical memory and free memory: I was browsing looking for solutions to speed up my outdated laptop which uses windows 11, and i stumbled upon resource manager and looking at the memory tab made me conclude that my low free memory is making my system too slow. That might be me running windows 11 on a really...
  5. Low available physical memory and free memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low available physical memory and free memory: I was browsing looking for solutions to speed up my outdated laptop which uses windows 11, and i stumbled upon resource manager and looking at the memory tab made me conclude that my low free memory is making my system too slow. That might be me running windows 11 on a really...
  6. Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM'

Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM': Hello, Today I lauched a Forza Horizon for the first time in a while and it crashed after just passing the initial start screen before loading into the game. After closing the game I attempted again to lauch, same issue although thistime my google chrome crashed with it. I...
  7. Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory: I have read other questions similar to this one, but none really seemed to answer the part of the question I'm interested in. I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, but my laptop usually says I have anywhere from 5 to 7 GB available. Below I'll show my resource monitor when I have...
  8. Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory

Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory: I have read other questions similar to this one, but none really seemed to answer the part of the question I'm interested in. I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, but my laptop usually says I have anywhere from 5 to 7 GB available. Below I'll show my resource monitor when I have...
  9. Low available physical memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low available physical memory: Hello! I have am HP gaming laptop with 8GB of installed memory, after fixing some other issues I had with it I launch Cities Skylines and notice the game was only using up to 4.5Gb of RAM, so I checked on system information and out of the 7.86Gb of the total physical memory...
  10. Available Physical Memory low

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Available Physical Memory low: [ATTACH] is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physical-memory-low/003232fd-9241-4a6b-a338-a8a37ee5742f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. available physical memory vs total

2. available physical memory low

3. available physical memory very low

4. available physical memory lower than total,
  5. available physical memory low windows 10,
  6. total physical memory 201 247 976,
  7. total physical memory low,
  8. Physical Memory - Total8 GBPhysical Memory - Available,
  9. total physical memory and available physical memory,
  10. available physical memory vs total physical memory,
  11. available physical memory windows 10,