Windows 10: Very low performance on my computer

Discus and support Very low performance on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,Last month i did a reset on my pc and after xmas my Pc was turned of for a few days. This week when i turned it back on and it has a very very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pipolo22, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Pipolo22 Win User

Very low performance on my computer

Hi all,Last month i did a reset on my pc and after xmas my Pc was turned of for a few days. This week when i turned it back on and it has a very very poor performance avg 5-8 fps on all games with a i7 7700 and a GTX 1660ti and my components aren't fully used 30 to 50% on task manager. I ran a malware check with malwarebytes and a antivirus check with avast it found nothing and it changed nothing. I also ran a userbenchmark https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/49331080 and it said that there is something wrong with my pc. Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

:)

Pipolo22, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

low performance when battery is disconnected

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    • When the battery was taken out, was the power plan setting changed?
    • What is the current BIOS version running on your computer? If the BIOS is outdated, please get in touch with the computer manufacturer and get the BIOS updated.

Disclaimer:Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting
    properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Since the battery is swollen, I suggest you to get the battery replaced.

There should not be any low performance issue, if the battery is removed from the laptop. I suggest you to the inbuilt troubleshooter for Power and have a check with the issue.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Power and run the troubleshooter.

Please check with the Power plan settings from control panel and restore the plan to default settings. If you still face the same issue, I suggest you to create a new power plan, then check with issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below to create a new power plan.

1. Press Windows logo key + R and type
      control panel, click on OK.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Create a Power plan.
    4. Select an option from Balanced,
      Power saver and High performance, name the plan and click
      Next to continue.
    5. Change the sleep and display setting if needed, and hit
      Create to finish the task and have a check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Very low performance on my computer

low memory

Hi,

The "Your computer is low on memory" message is usually prompting to a computer if the system detected that there are several programs that are running in the background. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue happened?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other web browser or is the issue isolated with a specific browser?

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Check if the same issue persists even when your computer
    is in clean boot mode.

You can also perform the steps provided in this link.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Very low performance on my computer

1. Very low performance on my computer - Similar Threads - Very low performance

2. Very low cpu usage while gaming causing very bad performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low cpu usage while gaming causing very bad performance: hi,when i game with my laptop the cpu usage caps at like 10-15% and this cause a lot of stuttering and low fps.My pc is a acer nitro 5 with:I7 10750H16 gigs. of ramNvidia RTX 3060I'm on windows 11...
  3. Very low cpu usage while gaming causing very bad performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very low cpu usage while gaming causing very bad performance: hi,when i game with my laptop the cpu usage caps at like 10-15% and this cause a lot of stuttering and low fps.My pc is a acer nitro 5 with:I7 10750H16 gigs. of ramNvidia RTX 3060I'm on windows 11...
  4. Very low performance on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very low performance on my computer: Hi all,Last month i did a reset on my pc and after xmas my Pc was turned of for a few days. This week when i turned it back on and it has a very very poor performance avg 5-8 fps on all games with a i7 7700 and a GTX 1660ti and my components aren't fully used 30 to 50% on...
  5. Very low performance on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low performance on my computer: Hi all,Last month i did a reset on my pc and after xmas my Pc was turned of for a few days. This week when i turned it back on and it has a very very poor performance avg 5-8 fps on all games with a i7 7700 and a GTX 1660ti and my components aren't fully used 30 to 50% on...
  6. Poor performance but very low hardware usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor performance but very low hardware usage: Hi everbody, I came here after leaving my PC in a couple of repairment stores and not finding a solution for a problem that has been drowning my vital energy for the past month. Before everything, I'll post my specs and how my PC is configured: CPU: Intel i5-6600K...
  7. Poor performance but very low hardware usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Poor performance but very low hardware usage: Hi everbody, I came here after leaving my PC in a couple of repairment stores and not finding a solution for a problem that has been drowning my vital energy for the past month. Before everything, I'll post my specs and how my PC is configured: CPU: Intel i5-6600K...
  8. very, very slow performance

very, very slow performance: Hi, I'm asking for my sister. she has a computer that responds very, very slowly if it does respond at all. She has a Compaq-Presario running Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1903, OS build 18362.720, upgraded on 8/28/2019 ; 1.99GB memory, with Pentium Dual 2 core CPU E2160 at 1.8GHz...
  9. Very low volume on computer

Very low volume on computer: Hey there! I am running windows 10, and have noticed that my volume is very low in youtube, and a game I play called payday 2. I set all my browser settings and my game settings to full and I always keep my volume set to 100, however, they are still to quiet for me. I thought...
  10. low performance

low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...