Windows 10: Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing

Discus and support Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, when listening to certain sounds, I have realized that, for some reason, the computer plays these sounds in a much lower volume than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guillem Vallet, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing

Hello,

Recently, when listening to certain sounds, I have realized that, for some reason, the computer plays these sounds in a much lower volume than originally intended.
    Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing dd907792-eef8-4082-8d83-7ef7f0a1dc02?upload=true.png
    Even though in this particular example, it isn't too noticeable, almost everything I hear from this laptop has its volumed almost halved for no reason.

Looking through forums and other questions, I found out that if you go to Sounds -> Speakers -> Properties ->Enhancements Tab. you can check a box called "Loudness Equalization" which apparently solves the issue. However... Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing 5840f0e2-f9c6-4252-9fc6-c2f62a71f2db?upload=true.png
    In this case, there is no box for me to tick. Another solution was to apparently download new drivers or something, but it won't give me any options, either:
    Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing 0521e57e-8f0c-4a08-b41c-48ebf895018d?upload=true.png

And because all other options normally contain drivers from Realtek, and these are different, I have no clue as to what to do anymore. What can I do to solve the issue? Until now, I haven't downloaded or uninstalled anything related to this issue.

Thanks a lot for the help.

:)

Guillem Vallet, Sep 5, 2018
  2. smith256 Win User

Sound is too low for windows 10

Try these steps:

• Open the Sound menu (as shown in your second screenshot).

• Right-click on your speakers (or the audio output you want to amplify), and select Properties.

• Go to the Enhancements tab.

• Check the Loudness Equalization option.
    This makes quiet sounds louder, loud sounds quieter.

smith256, Sep 5, 2018
  3. MaxMarvin Win User
    Sound too low, missing enhancements tab in playback devices

For too long, my sound has been way too low, even at 100% I often struggle to hear things. I went into playback devices > Realtek Audio > Properties but the enhancements tab was missing (I know the solution if to toggle Loudness Equalization). So I followed
    the standard online steps where I either update the drivers or completely reinstall them. None worked. Apparently, my drivers are up to date. I did this before a long time ago and it worked, then I fixed my sound but then everything switched back to the way
    it was before and the same solution is not working. Why is this happening? This is on a Dell Latitude e7470

MaxMarvin, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing

Remove Loudness Equalization windows 10

Well then enable some of them

Loudness equalization

sound equalizer

speaker fill

bass management

Play around with them and see if you fix your issue

seahawks65, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing

1. Very low sound on Windows 10 - Loudness Equalization missing - Similar Threads - Very low sound

2. Loudness equalizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loudness equalizer: After I installed the HyperX NGenuity App all the enhanced Audio settings like Loudness equalisation, bass boost, virtual suround, room correction were gone. The weird thing is I can still see the enhancements tab, but its empty. Can someone pls help me?...
  3. Sound is very low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is very low: I have recently formatted my pc with official latest ISO in Windows's website. Ever since the format my computer has been very quiet especially in Valorant, I maximize all the sound but even footsteps are very quiet. Google chrome, spotify, netflix and everything has very low...
  4. Sound is very low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is very low: I have recently formatted my pc with official latest ISO in Windows's website. Ever since the format my computer has been very quiet especially in Valorant, I maximize all the sound but even footsteps are very quiet. Google chrome, spotify, netflix and everything has very low...
  5. Sound is very low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HELP ! SHOOTING SOUND VERY LOUD MISSING Loudness Equaluaztion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP ! SHOOTING SOUND VERY LOUD MISSING Loudness Equaluaztion: HELP ! SHOOTING SOUND VERY LOUDGreeting, I need help, I have problems with loud shooting sound and weak stepping sound in games. I reduced this earlier with the Loudness Equaluaztion option. I received the SADEST LOCUS PLUS headphones as a gift and after installing their...
  7. Loudness Equalization missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Loudness Equalization missing in Windows 10: Audio/video experience on computers has come a long way. The tech involved has advanced greatly so as to bring us as close to living these experiences as possible. But there are a few things that haven’t quite balanced out yet. If you have played different types of audio, you...
  8. sound is very low

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound is very low: sound is very low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-very-low/1ef273d3-d577-46c7-bef2-d276ef859e36
  9. Loudness Equalization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Loudness Equalization: Hi, Should I use loudness Equalization for my external 5.1 speakers? Is loudness Equalization only for night or it can be used for any time of the day and or any type of media? submitted by /u/xJayce98x [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 loudness low after adjusting sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 loudness low after adjusting sound: Have anyone noticed, after you adjust volume of computer the loudness decreases for few minutes. for example, I am playing music at 24% volume, and when I change system volume and change back to 24% again, the loudness of music decreases for few minutes. I thought my ear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loudness equalization

2. loudness equalization windows 10

3. loudness equalization windows 10 missing

4. loudness equalizer windows 10,
  5. loudness equalization in windows 10,
  6. enable loudness equalization,
  7. windows 10 loudness equalization missing,
  8. windows 10 loudness equalization,
  9. loudness equalizer,
  10. loudness equalization not showing up,
  11. loudness equalization hp,