Windows 10: Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only

Discus and support Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As you can see in the title, I have been experiencing an extremely low upload speed on my computer, ever since i had performed a factory reset. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nayannaidu, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only

As you can see in the title, I have been experiencing an extremely low upload speed on my computer, ever since i had performed a factory reset. These are speeds ranging from 0.01 - about 0.08 mbps, whereas my other devices acheive a speed of >20mbps.

I have tried updating and reinstalling my drivers, and even performing an in place upgrade, but none of these worked. I disabled Windows Management Instrumentation, which worked as a temporary fix and then the problem returned. Re-enabling it then temporarily fixed it again, but it came back the next day.

I know this is not a problem with my ISP or modem, as all my other devices are perfectly fine

My dowload speeds are perfectly fine as well, with a speed of >40mbps

:)

Nayannaidu, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 Pro x64 - very low internet upload speed over Ethernet

Hi Tomas,

There are possible reasons why you have a low upload speed while download speed is high. For us to isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• When does the issue start?
    • Is your Windows 10 recently perform a Windows update?
    • Did you download any third part driver that runs with your Network properties?

Ariel Acu, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Upload Speed

Hi

I was wondering why my upload speed was .92 or .70 and i want to fix it so does anyone have any suggestions to fix my upload speed?

By the way i live in the wide country and i was wondering if that had anything to do with that.

Thanks

XavierMoats Decamp, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only

Slow upload speed

I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician
    visited and traced the problem to a broken copper wire tip on the input cable to the modem. He cut the end off the cable and crimped a new connector on. He ran some tests presumably to check that no other faults existed, reconnected the cable to the modem
    and both speeds ran within the correct ranges.

The next day I decided to run a speed test and the download speed was fine but the upload speed was very low (down to 1.9 Mbps).

being curious I disconnected the infeed cable to the modem and checked the new connection. Everything looked fine so i reconnected the cable and ran another speed test. Both speeds were back up where they should be.

The next day I ran another speed test and the upload speed was low again. This time disconnecting and reconnecting the input cable to the modem did not resolve the problem.

Sorry for being so long winded here but my technical knowledge is rather limited and I prefer not to play with things I do not understand, but my question, "should I be concerned about the slow upload speed?" It does not appear to be causing any great problem
    but the technician who visited did indicate that a slow upload speed could cause other problems with the modem, such as it automatically rebooting itself. This has occurred twice since the slow upload speed came back.

Other than going back to the service provider and waiting until they can send another technician out, is there anything I can do myself to resolve the problem?

mumbogumbo, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only

1. Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only - Similar Threads - Very Low Upload

2. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  3. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  4. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  6. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  7. Low download speed , high upload speed

8. Very slow upload speeds

Very slow upload speeds: I get around 250-300 Mbps download, but only .02-.05 Mbps upload. I know it's not an issue with my internet or router because i get 30-40Mbps on other devices. The issue persists across both wifi and Ethernet....
  9. Low LAN speeds on only one machine

Low LAN speeds on only one machine: My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported consistent speeds of about 900 - 1000 Mb/s. This problem persists with different cables and other devices connected with the same...
  10. Very slow upload speed

Very slow upload speed: Hi, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 6 days. It is extremely weird and at this point I'm about to give up. Randomly my internet started having issues so I checked the ookla speedtest, which said my download speed is great about 40Mbps, but my upload speed...