Windows 10: Very odd Acer battery situation

Discus and support Very odd Acer battery situation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Acer netbook originally had a battery of model number AC14B8K. I bought one that looked identical and was lower priced, with a model number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by userface, Jan 6, 2021.

1. userface Win User

Very odd Acer battery situation

The Acer netbook originally had a battery of model number AC14B8K. I bought one that looked identical and was lower priced, with a model number of AC14B3K (Notice the 3 instead of 8). I plugged it in, it didn't charge.

There is a battery reset button on the motherboard and near that there is another button. The battery reset button is accessible through a small hole on the case though the other button is only accessible with the case removed.

If I hold down that other button, the battery will begin to charge and the orange battery light remain solid to indicate such. If that button is not pressed down, it will stop charging.

Do you know what that button is, why it causes the different battery model to work when pressed down and a solution to get the battery to work without that button being pressed down?

:)

userface, Jan 6, 2021

2. Acer battery won't charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Very odd Acer battery situation pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

FreeBooter, Jan 6, 2021
  3. baskhara Win User
    Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Jan 6, 2021
  4. wickerman Win User

Acer Recalls 27,000 Laptop Batteries

considering sony made all the defective batteries, why hadn't sony taken the step to contact all buyers about potential risk and insist on an immediate recall of all defective, and possibly defective batteries..oh right, they didnt wanna "waste" the time and money...

Regardless if sony knew about the potential problems (though if they did and still decided to ship them they would have proven to be more negligent than ever) they have the exact production numbers, know how many batteries went to which buyer, and how many should have been recalled. I dunno what legal obligation sony has/had to contact its customers about the issue, but the fact is they would rather say "everything is fine" and let their image go down the toilet than admit they had a problem and are willing to do everything in their power to fix the problem.

It is a shame that more companies are not on the ball with recall lists, but the fact is the manufacturer should be the one putting in the extra effort, not their customers, and certainly not us...

wickerman, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Very odd Acer battery situation - Similar Threads - Very odd Acer

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. Very strage situation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very strage situation.: Hey! So I have a situation with my laptop that I can't really find a way to fix. So my laptop has switched to password mode out of no where, and I forgot my password and I only know my pin. So I click "forgot password", but it says it will not work without internet, and for...
  8. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...
  9. Very odd network activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd network activity: When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking...
  10. Odd Windows 10 Reinstallation(?) Situation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd Windows 10 Reinstallation(?) Situation: So I needed to take the SSD out of my laptop running the most recent build of Windows 10 and edit some data on that SSD on a different computer using an external connector. When I put the SSD back in, I wasn't having any problems with the drive of the OS, but a few days later...