Windows 10: Very odd internet disconnects

Discus and support Very odd internet disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chad1986, Sep 4, 2019.

1. chad1986 Win User

Very odd internet disconnects

Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game applications that require internet connection. IE, Joining a server, Sitting in a server list waiting for a spot, Leaving a server and joining another. Even opening a game with internet connection required CAN cause me to lose my internet. However, It does not do this 100% of the time. It tends to do more often than not but not always. Also, It never happens if i use any browser to search anything on the web. Youtube, kongregate, up to date memes. They are all fine and never cause this problem.

When it does happen the computer tells me that i do not even have a Ethernet wire connected and i have to not only turn my computer off and back on to fix. I HAVE to hold down the power button when its off until all the lights of my MOBO are unlit.

I have tried multiple Ethernet cables, ones that work on other pcs in the house and i get the same issue. I am completely lost as to what the cause is and would be super grateful for any assistance given. After a year of this I'm almost bald!

:)

chad1986, Sep 4, 2019

2. Internet disconnection

I don't know why I have disconnection while using the Internet. Is it due to the ISP or the router or modem? The modem and router all have lights on. It disconnected for less than 30s then back on.

mrthanhnguyen, Sep 4, 2019
  3. onehp1 Win User
    uTorrent disconnecting my internet connection

AT&T wasn't much of a help. All they suggested was to replace my router and modem with their products.

The disconnections never happen when I surf the web

onehp1, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Very odd internet disconnects

INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Very odd internet disconnects

1. Very odd internet disconnects - Similar Threads - Very odd internet

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...
  8. Odd Disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Disconnections: For the past few months I have been having odd disconnections where there appears to be no pattern or cause to it. Some days I can go without getting a single disconnection while other days I can get them every minute for a while. Sometimes the computer will regain...
  9. Very odd network activity

Very odd network activity: When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking...
  10. WAN Internet disconnects very frequently

WAN Internet disconnects very frequently: Hello everyone, I have the following problem which is slowly driving me mad: About two months ago I built a new desktop PC from scratch. The relevant specs: Mainboard: MSI B250M Mortar Arctic Processor: Intel i5 7500 Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB GDDR4 Windows...