Windows 10: Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication

Discus and support Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CLASSIFY THIS!! I used 2 step verification while logging into my Google account (which is my Microsoft account). As I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomCarter3, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication

I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CLASSIFY THIS!!

I used 2 step verification while logging into my Google account (which is my Microsoft account). As I authenticated, I got a pop up on my phone as a security warning asking if I just logged in via my LG Nexus 5 phone. The problem is I have a Galaxy S 9. The timing is correct, as far as the log in, the IP address and the city is correct, and I have never had anything like this happen before. Should I be concerned? I hope these details will help.

I am using HP laptop in the chrome browser to log in. I am holding my S9, which I hit YES, which allowed my browser to authenticate. Then immediately I received the pop up. I do not have an LG Nexus 5 or any LG products, or anyone in my home.

I am using Microsoft Launcher which I have been using for a bit now and hasn't done this before.

I attached a pic.

Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication 5ab10421-4184-4726-8b66-44324fe61a18?upload=true.png

:)

TomCarter3, Dec 14, 2018
  2. fvdm64 Win User

gmail app and 2 step authentication issue

This is the sollusion for the 2 step authentication issue.

Thanks

fvdm64, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication

Uplay client 2 step verfication - beware!

Disable two step authentication and make your password a strong one.

lexluthermiester, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication

1. Very odd Issue during TWO-STEP Authentication - Similar Threads - Very odd Issue

2. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  3. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  4. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 2-step Authentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-step Authentication: How can I delete or reset the code to unlock the Authentication App on my Samsung phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-step-authentication/764aa9df-6c85-4617-af1b-8bf908d44650
  6. 2-step Authentication

2-step Authentication: How can I delete or reset the code to unlock the Authentication App on my Samsung phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-step-authentication/764aa9df-6c85-4617-af1b-8bf908d44650
  7. 2-step Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification: I am struggling with a set of related Microsoft account login questions. It crosses some Windows Hello, password/PIN, Authenticator and two step verification boundaries. The question set up is as follows - 1. Valid Microsoft user account 2. Windows 10 PC with matching PIN...
  9. Two Factor Authentication Issue

Two Factor Authentication Issue: I'll start by saying this is a temp account I created specifically to ask this question on the forum. I recently switched mobile devices and I had the Microsoft Authenticator app set up with my actual account on the old phone. When i transferred data to the new phone, i...
  10. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...